Chapter 4 - Birthday

October 4, 2013

A little more than a week later, it was the day before my birthday. I had been in school for over a week, and I already had a few friends. As for basketball, there was a summer league I was going to be in. It's pretty much like the regular season, but in the summer, of course. That was going to begin in a little less than a month. My host parens told me that they have a really great birthday surprise for me. They are giving it to me after breakfast.

When I woke up on the day before my birthday, I got ready quickly, then ate my breakfast in record time. It was time for the surprise. I asked Kathy about it, telling her I was really excited. Then, she handed me a card. Just a card in an envelope. That's a great surprise.. I opened the envelope, got the card out and looked at it. It was a 5 Seconds of Summer card. I looked at the front of the card and it said,"Happy Birthday!" Then, I opened it and the inside said, "Have a (punk) rocking day!!" It was lame. I was let down too.

"Thanks Kathy" I said, and started to walk back up to my room.

"Wait, Scarlett.. Something fell out of the card!"

"Where is it?" I asked, and looked on the floor. That's when I saw something rectangular shaped.. I picked it up and it was a front-row ticket for the One Direction concert tomorrow night with 5sos as the opening act!! I couldn't believe it!!!!

"Oh my god... Kathy, this is amazing!!!!" I screamed then hugged her.

"Well, there is one more thing to it.."

"Oh.. Whats that?"

"I accidentally got you VIP backstage tickets too.." She said, and I replied, "oh, that's okay.. WAIT, WHAT!?"

"Yep!! Front row and backstage VIP tickets!! And you can go on your own. You can take the car, and stay out however late you want"

"Oh my god, Kathy, thank you so fucking much! This is going to be the best birthday ever!!!" I hugged her and jumped up and down. I was so excited that I could hardly contain it.

"Okay, Scarlett, calm down. Here's your lunch, and I hope you do good on that Trig test!" She told me as I walked out of the door. I thanked her quick, then got into the car where Jonah was. I drove him to school every morning.

------

I walked to my locker, and began to talk to my one friend and locker neighbor, Olivia. I couldn't wait to tell her. She was going to the concert too, and she had a front row ticket like me, so we could go together, except she didn't have a VIP ticket like me.

"Livi! Livi! Guess what!?!!!" I said to her, excited.

"What? And happy early birthday!"

"Thanks! And Kathy gave me a front row ticket to the concert tomorrow night!!"

"Oh my god!!! We can go together now!"

"Yeah! But she accidentally got me a VIP ticket too"

"Oh..- Wait, what!?!! VIP!! Oh my god, Scarlett, that's awesome!! You'll get to meet them!"

"I know!!! I'm so excited!"

The bell rang, and I got my other book out of my locker, then ran to first period.

~

Do you like this chapter? I do because she gets the front row ticket and the VIP!!! Yay!

-Lizzie:)