Epilogue

*5 1/2 Years Later*

February 16, 2021

After taking our four-year-old Eleanor to preschool for her first day (and after Ashton and I both cried various times), we took three-year-old Ruby and thirteen-month-old Declan to Ashton's mum's house, where my family and his mum were. 

When we got there, Macy came up to me and asked, "so how was taking Eleanor to preschool?"

"It was hard. We all cried. I haven't gone a day since she was born without seeing her all day," I told her.

"It must be nice, working from home and only having to get your work in by the deadline. With you being an author, you can mostly right at home and all you have to do is get it to your publisher by the deadline. I have to work in an office all day!" She was complaining about my job again.

"I'm sorry that I got a job that I enjoy," I joked.

"Okay, girls, let's stop and look through these photos!" Mum came between us with a box full of photos for us to look through.

We sat down in Ashton's mum's living room and looked through the pictures. When I found one that I thought was cute of either me or Ashton, I would take a picture of it and put it on Instagram, leaving subtle hints in the captions. Ashton did the same, and he didn't put very many captions on them, but when he did, they weren't very subtle, and I would scold him.

I found a picture of Ashton's mum and him when he was first born. They were in the hospital and she was in the hospital bed, proudly holding her tiny son. I showed it to Ashton, and he showed two to me. 

The first was a picture of my father holding me soon after I was born. The smile on his face was priceless. He was so happy, holding his second daughter in his hands. 

The second picture was Ashton sitting on a chair with his legs dangling, and he was holding Lauren soon after she was born. 

We decided to put our findings on Instagram, and I, after I got my husband's approval, put the caption, "Can't wait until this is me again!" on my picture. Ashton put the same caption on the picture of my dad with me. That was when everyone understood all of the baby pictures. The picture was flooded with comments, saying that they were so excited to be getting another little Irwin baby. They were almost as excited as Ashton and I were to be getting our fourth child.

I laid my head on Ashton's shoulder, smiling now that the fans knew about me being eight weeks pregnant. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Aren't you glad you went into the exchange program about nine and a half years ago?" He asked.

"Wouldn't change a thing.." was my only answer as he laid his hand down on my small yet noticeable bump. It was true. I was so glad I went into the exchange program a little less than ten years ago. It seems like so long, yet my life has been so amazing since then. That is all because I've been with Ashton the whole time, which has been amazing. I love Ashton now, and I will for the rest of my life. That is one thing that will never change.