Chapter 43 | Breaking point?

"This is insane. THIS IS INSANE." Lauren shouts, pacing around the room.

"Laur maybe you should calm down?" Callum suggests.

"Calm down?! There's fucking MURDERERS Cal, HOW CAN I CALM DOWN."

"What use is pacing the room?" He reasons.

She huffs, clearly not happy about it, but sitting down regardless.

"Thank you." I look up to see Tiff's hand on my thigh, a warm smile on her face, "thank you for telling us."

"It must have been so hard, you were so brave." Ashley wipes a tear from her face.

I can't bring myself to respond, the energy to tell all of them having sapped any resolve I have to keep talking, so instead I just nod.

Joel wraps my hand in his, offering me a comforting smile.

"Okay, so now we need a plan?" Scott says, sipping his water.

After the brick incident, we hadn't felt safe in the house, so Joel and I had gone to Yammy and Koil's place.

Then in the morning, we'd called everyone over to tell them everything.

We were now all sitting in the living room, figuring out our plan.

"I don't know what we can really do." Red says from the kitchen, coming in with a few sandwiches.

"WE STAB THOSE SONS OF BITCHES." Oli leaps up, miming out the action on Callum, "SHOW THEM TO NEVER MESS WITH US."

Callum shoves him off, "oh yeah, genius idea, us against the entire mafia."

Oli shrugs, "you're just pissy because you know I'd stab more of them than you."

"Oh it's on panda boy."

"NO ONE, IS STABBING ANYONE." Lauren pushes them apart with an eye roll, "and Oli, that's a terrible plan."

"It's better then no plan."

"No, I don't think it is."

Oli huffs, sitting back down.

I move my eyes from their bickering, to look at Alana and Aaliyah, both sitting very quietly.

Sapphire was whispering something to Alana, while Ella was watching everything with very wide eyes.

"Well school starts tomorrow, so we don't have long to figure this out." Koil points out.

"Oh don't remind me I still haven't done the catch up work that we missed." Jessie heaves a sigh, her head tipping back.

"How can we even think about homework when this is happening." Yammy vents.

Koil chuckles, "We're still in school Yam, and school doesn't exactly stop for personal issues."

"It just seems, odd, having to go to school like everything's normal."

"I think normal might be good." He reasons.

"Can't we just skip school."

"I don't think-"

"I don't want to skip school." I interrupt.

They all look at me, and I feel Joel's grasp tightening on my hand.

"There's, there's something I have to do."

I watch as they share concerned and confused glances.

Jizzie | Hand on HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara