Chapter 49 | Middle?

TW// Gun violence, semi graphic descriptions

Suddenly it feels as if my heart starts beating again.

Like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder.

This entire situation may be insane, so so insane, so ridiculously insane that I couldn't have predicted any of this in my wildest imagination.

But this information.

Knowing that it wasn't entirely my fault that Leah's family died that day.

It was enough to kick start my mind again.

"Thank you, for saving me." I say to them both, trying not to look down at Sebastian.

Leah bends down, "he's still conscious, the bullet only hit his shoulder."

Sebastian groans from his slumped position.

Leah stands up, tucking her hands in her pockets, then, she takes a step back, before kicking Seb right in the shoulder, combat boot and all.

He shrieks in pain, and she does it one more time, before bending down again, "that's for killing my family."

Then she turns around and walks over to us.

"They got everyone out."

"They?" I ask.

"Your friends, Joel, Jessie, that lot, they evacuated them to the car park."

I breathe a sigh of relief, taking the gun Carlisle hands me, but not without telling him that we definitely needed to talk once this was over.

Now was no time to get hung up on semantics.

"Katia is still down." Carlisle looks around me, "and it looks like this one will be for a while too, we cased the area, and it looks like these were the only two here."

"For now." Leah cuts in, reloading her gun.

I'm not even going to question how she's so informed on this.

"So what's the new plan." I ask, copying her actions.

"Well since yours was dreadful." I shoot him a glare, "we're going to bait them out."

"That's what ours was." I say smugly.

"But you baited them with money."

I raise an eyebrow.

"We're going to bait them with what they actually want."

"And what exactly would that be?"

Leah and Carlisle exchange looks, "your life."

I should be shocked, this information should shock me, but after everything that had happened, this feels like nothing, I merely shrug.

"Okay so what's the plan?"

They look more surprised than me.

"They would have gotten word now as to what's happening, so from what I can tell they're planning a mounted attack, whatever they can do to have you dead."

My throat dries up.

"So the plan, is to leave you out here until they come."

"THATS NOT A PLAN." I exclaim.

Carlisle shrugs, "we'll be waiting here to back you up."

"But if they want me dead they'll shoot on sight." I protest.

Not because I value my life, but because how would that resolve anything.

Carlisle shakes his head, "think about it, they've been taunting you for weeks, they enjoy playing with their prey."