Chapter 7 | Meet and Greets?

After making the long drive to Vidcon again, we sign in and go into the hall.

"Our meet and greet is at 11:30 and finishes at 1" Joel clarifies, his head buried in the itinerary.

I nod, "enough time to play some of the retro video games"

With a massive smile on my face, we head over to the game section, and a guy with crazy green hair, tattoos and countless piercing greets us.

He shows us the games. There are about 20 really old blocky PC's sitting on benches.

I sit in front of a random one and the old retro Mario theme blares through the speakers.

Joel has some old Crossy road looking game.

I laugh at him struggling to figure out the controls and pick my avatar.

By the time we're finished trying some more of the games, we have about half an hour left.

We leave the Vidcon area and walk down the ExCel centre, grabbing a Burger and sitting at a table.

I dig into mine, and sip my coke, spotting a few fans and taking some pictures, before we have to head back.

Using the back entrance, we are met by the photographer for our booth and a security lady.

They explain what we need to do and how it will all work, before escorting is over.

We stand in the Vidcon booth, and a line is already forming.

James from the Odd1sOut is doing his meet and greet next to us but has already started, and there is no one on the right.

James gives us a friendly smile, before turning back to the fan.

The lady gives us a few more details, but I'm not really paying attention because I'm staring at the crowd forming in our area.

"This is a lot of people" I whisper to Joel, who laughs, "you've done meet and greets before" he assures me, resting a supportive hand on my arm.

I know I have. But this will be the first one since my anorexia came back, and with everything that occurred recently.

His reassurance does little to quell the nerves building up inside of me.

But I don't have a lot of time to dwell on my fear, before it starts.

I had nothing to be nervous about, the fans were lovely as always, but by the time we'd finished, my hand aches and my legs hurt from standing for so long.

Around 2/3 of the way through, I spotted a girl standing with what looked to be her brother.

She had a cute panda crop top, a black skirt and a denim jacket with white flower embellishments on the shoulders.

Finally, she had an small orange sequin bow in her brown hair that was died so it faded into blonde, that was in a half up half down style

(This is me, I'm only including myself because I want the next chapter to be about something else, and I wanted a way to incorporate some of the things that happened at Vidcon when I went!! I'm going to change my name though because I want to remain anonymous, and for those who have been here since my name was my real name, please don't say)

After a while, the girl came up to us, abandoning her brother who was telling a silly joke.

She looked nervous, and was around 14.

"Hi" she squeaked.

I laughed lightly and smiled at her.

"What's your name"