|09|

- Lucifer -

"...Luci-Lucifer?...Uh, wake u-up!"

The fuck?

It's been a while since I woke up to the sound of a woman's voice. 

I groaned in response, still unaware of my surroundings. 

She sighed and tapped my chest numerously until I finally opened my eyes. 

"What the fuck do you-"

Dior

All memories from last night rushed back to my brain. 

How I stopped her from making a friend. 

How I listened to her conversation from outside the bathroom. 

How I teased her in the car. 

How I sat and watched a horror movie with her. 

And most importantly, how I ended up cuddling with her. 

Yes, we're fucking cuddling. 

Well, not anymore since she's now sitting up and looking down at me, but we were all throughout the night. I didn't mean for it to happen. I was planning on leaving once she fell asleep, but I guess the comfort of having someone in my arms, having someone's affection led to me to fall asleep. 

I've never cuddled in my life.

... and I didn't exactly hate it.

It was...nice?

Strange coming from me, I know, the man who swore he wouldn't talk to the small girl beside me. 

I sure did mess up that plan didn't I?

Whatever, it's a one time thing anyway, it's not like I'm gonna cuddle her every night from now on.

Even though I enjoyed it a little more than I should have...

"Sorry."

She smiled and stopped tapping me. 

I looked over at the clock. 

8 a.m

Why?

Just why?

"You must've fallen asleep during the movie, s-sorry for sleeping on you by the way", she spoke nervously, biting her lip and not making eye contact. 

"...and getting drool on your shirt."

She got drool on me?

Fucking great 

"It's fine."

"Papa's gonna get mad if he finds out that you're here, so I suggest leaving through the window," she said quietly, as if someone would hear us if she spoke too loudly. 

"Rebellious, are we?"

"No! I just d-don't want you to get in trouble. If papa finds out, he might fire you, and I don't want you to be fired! I-I don't want anyone else to bodyguard for me," she rambled. 

She doesn't want someone else to guard her. 

Does that mean she likes me?

Shut up Lucifer

It doesn't matter if she likes me or not, I'll be gone in a years time anyway. 

"I'll be on my way then."

I said whilst standing up to my full height, stretching my arms and torso, cracking random parts of my body unintentionally. I face her yet again to retrieve my phone for her bedside table and find her staring at me, wide eyed and mouth agape. I raised an eyebrow at her.