|35|

- Dior - 

We went back home after spending another hour or so at Niccolo's. I was so happy for him, since he's met someone he truly cherishes and is now ready to come out to his parents, but the tension between him and Lucifer did not completely dissipate. It's going to take a while for Lucifer to fully forgive him for the past and Niccolo said he was willing to wait. 

As long as there's no fighting, I'm happy!

I'm currently sat in papa's big office chair, waiting for him so we can have a long awaited talk. His office chair is the best thing ever, I'm addicted to spinning it around, even though papa tells me not to because it makes me dizzy. 

Do I listen to him though? Nope!

I giggled to myself at the thought of him walking in and scolding me for doing it. 

Coincidentally, he walked in shortly after, holding a mug of coffee in his left hand and wearing his glasses. He swears that glasses make him look bad but I think he looks cute!

"Mornin' Bambi," he greeted quietly and sleepily once he noticed my presence, setting his mug down and talking the seat opposite me. 

"Morning papa!"

"How are we today?"

"Happy," I answer honestly. 

"Glad to hear that. Come give your old man a hug," he said, opening his arms. 

I lazily rolled the chair to the other side of the desk, then stood up to hug papa. He returned the embrace, arms wrapped around my shoulders tightly as he pecked the side of my head. 

After pulling away, I went back to my previous position. 

"Do you want to talk about everything?" I asked to make sure he was comfortable. 

He gave me a quick nod before starting. 

"I just want to repeat that I'm so sorry. I know I should've told you, I was just terrified but I know that isn't an excuse. I'm not perfect Delilah, I've made hundreds of mistakes in the past but I want you to know that I try my hardest for you and your brothers. You four mean the absolute world to me and all I want is your approval and happiness. Fuck, if you told me you didn't like who I was with, I'd leave them in a heartbeat and wouldn't even feel bad about it."

He began, and I could tell every single word he uttered was genuine. 

Papa has made a lot of mistakes, just like every human does. It's unfair to hold it against him. Everything papa has ever done has been for his children, and he did it all alone. He practically raised us as a single father with four kids and a whole mafia to run. With Valentina, he finally did something for himself. Sure, he didn't go about it the right way, but he put himself first and there's nothing wrong with that. 

I've seen papa go through so much over the years and he deserves a break. 

(a/n i will not accept any hate towards my favourite dilf)

"You need to give yourself some credit! I'm not holding a grudge against something so insignificant. Whether you're in a secret relationship or not, you're still the best dad anyone could ask for, and it doesn't change who are," I reassured him sincerely. He needed to understand that I wasn't butt-hurt about this. 

He smiled at me, his eyes softening whilst letting out a quiet sigh. 

"I'm serious Delilah, you and your brothers will always be my main priority and source of happiness. I promise that I won't keep anything from you again," he said, holding out his pinky.