|38|

- Lucifer -

(a/n - we got a lot of silent readers recently, please comment! it encourages me a lot)

At this point in the relationship, you'd think that I'm slowly getting better at surprises. But I'm far from it. In fact, I think surprising someone (especially Delilah) is a weakness of mine, mainly because I spend more time overthinking my plans instead of actually doing them. 

But regardless of how the plan turns out, I know my girl will be happy with anything. 

I finally took Dante's advice and decided to take a holiday with Delilah. He's given me his private jet for as long as we need it and his penthouse in the destination I've chosen. 

I can't lie, having a mafia man as your boss has many perks, especially when you're dating his daughter, but this is the cherry on top. 

The only thing is, she doesn't know about it yet. 

Now this is why I'm worried about the surprise. Dior has never been on a plane before, and I'm pretty sure she has a fear of flying since she's never experienced it before. So a holiday as a surprise may not work in my fucking favour and instead will scare her more than excite her. 

But fuck it. She's Delilah, she's down for anything. 

So here I am now, knocking on the front door of her house and waiting for her to greet me with a hug like she always does. Within seconds, I hear the pitter-patter of her little feet running up to the door, making me smile. The door opened and the first thing I saw was an angel with a pout on her face. 

"What did I do?"

"You were gone for more than three hours," she complained softly, which almost made me chuckle but I kept it in. 

Needy little girl

"Need a hug?"

"Pretty please," she mumbled adorably, scooting closer to me as she wrapped her arms around my waist, leaning her head on the bottom of my chest. I placed my arms on her lower back, leaning down to rest my head on hers. 

"Can't handle being away from me for a couple of hours huh?"

"Shh, it's the separation anxiety," she shushed me, pushing herself further into me. 

"Tell it to fuck off."

"I don't think I can do that, though I wish I could but in a nicer way," she chuckled when she finished her sentence. 

"And how would you do that?"

"I think I'd say, 'hey! I'd appreciate it if you stop making me miss my manfriend every two seconds please'," she mused, making me laugh.   

"You're cute."

"I know. Carry me?" she looked up at me with her signature puppy eyes, so I obviously couldn't say no. 

Not like I was ever going to refuse her. 

"Jump."

She did so, and I caught her by the thighs. Closing the door behind me, I walked upstairs towards her room. 

"Do you want the door open or closed?" I asked once we reached her room, knowing her fear of closed doors. 

"Closed, but not all the way please!" 

I did exactly that, then fell onto her messy bed with her still in my arms. 

"I'd love to stay and cuddle Luci, but I really need to shower," Delilah admitted sadly after just a few minutes of holding each other.