|27|

- Dior -

Flashback:

I was sitting on the hard-wood floor, my knees pressed against my thighs, beside my mother's chair at the dining table, where she was eating a full breakfast whilst I had been given a small peach, which was extremely generous of her. 

I've never been more happy to eat a peach in all my life.

I brought my shaky hand to my lip, taking a small bite of the juicy fruit so I wouldn't finish it too quickly. I don't know when my next meal will be, so I have to make this one count as much as possible. She's almost finished with her meal whilst I've barely gotten through half of my peach. 

"If you don't finish that in the next ten seconds, I'm taking it off you," she murmered under her breath, her voice laced in irritation, noticing how slowly I was eating the fruit. I panicked, my eyes widening as began taking big bites out of my peach. 

A single tear escaped my eye subconsciously, and I hadn't realised it until I saw it fall onto my knee. The sound of her voice alone makes me want to burst out into tears. 

I finally finished my peach, and I was tempted to eat the seed too because I'm still starving, but decided not to ask for another, knowing the answer would be an obvious no.

"Good. Up now, clean my dishes," she ordered, thowing her fork onto the plate and standing up quickly, causing the chair to make an awful screeching sound. I flinched at the loud sound, but got up nevertheless, picking her dishes up one by one and placing them in the small sink. 

She stood next to counter, leaning onto it slightly and watched me. 

She always watches me when I'm doing chores, just to make sure I don't do anything wrong, and if I do, she'll use it as an excuse to hurt me. 

I sniffled as her towering body loomed over my frail figure as I tried to clean the dishes as quickly as I could. 

"Faster for fucks sake!" she yelled out of nowhere, making me drop a small cup onto the side of the sink, causing the handle to break, but the glass itself was still intact, which made me sigh in relief. Maybe she won't notice. 

But things never seem to work in my favour.

"You fucking idiot, you just broke it! Do you know how much things like this cost? Of course you don't, your daddy has spoiled you from the moment you came out the womb," she said the last part sarcastically, pulling me away from the sink aggressively and turning off the tap. I whimpered at the harsh pull, but supressed anymore noises. 

"-But it's okay! My regular is coming over tonight, he's going to pay a lot just to have his way with you, so it'll make up for the broken glass. How lucky for me!" she cheered to herself, pushing me into my room, making me fall onto my already bruised knees. 

I shook my head vigorously, not wanting the man to come and hurt me again. 

"hm? If you want to say something, open your fucking mouth."

"N-No no, please!"

"Please what?"