|19|

- Lucifer -

God, since when have I been an emotional person?

Last time I checked, I had absolutely no care in the world. I didn't give a fuck about anyone, I didn't give a fuck if it was my last day on earth, I didn't give a fuck about what people said or thought about me. 

But now. 

Now that's all I care about. 

Well, to put it in a better way:

I give a fuck about Delilah.
I don't want to die any time soon and leave Delilah on this earth without me.
I do care about what she says and thinks about me. 

And most importantly, I miss her so fucking much. 

It's only been a week since I've last seen her, but it feels like years. I took the time we had together for granted, only appreciating her like she should be appreciated on the last few days. 

What a fucking idiot I am, huh? 

I've never been a reliant person. From a young age, I've learnt to fend for myself, mainly because of my parents. Independancy was the one trait I had that I was proud of, and am still proud of to this day. But for some reason, I've become reliant on Delilah. 

Reliant on her to remain happy. 

Not finanically, physcially, intellectually. 

But mentally. 

My mind has always been fucked up, and somehow, she picked up the broken pieces in my head and put them back together, making me sane once again. 

And to think I hated her when we first met is crazy. 

How could anyone hate such an angel?

Speaking of the angel, I need her mindset more than anything right now. 

I need to her to tell me what to do. 

Do I meet up with Niccolo or pretend that I never saw him that night?

I'm holding onto the business card he gave me with a loose grip, looking down at it while shaking my leg in anticipation. 

She would tell me what to do in this situation. 

I put myself in her shoes, her very little shoes, and thought about what she'd think. Knowing her, she'd do it a hundred percent. She's a forgiving girl. Hell, you can kill her puppy and she won't find it in her golden heart to hate you. 

Fuck it. 

I picked up my phone and dialed the number, putting the device near my ear and patiently waiting for a voice. 

It rang 3 times before somebody picked up. 

"Alistair Estates, how can we help you?"

A woman answered. 

The fucker didn't even give me his personal phone number. 

I mean, what did I expect?

"I need to speak to Niccolo." 

"Name?"

"Lucifer Alistair."

There was a short pause before she spoke again. 

"You aren't on the list."

List of what? 

People he wants to steal money from?

That wasn't a funny joke Lucifer

Eh, I tried. 

I cleared my throat.