出会う

𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩

𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 together. The Flame, Love, Stone, Mist, Blossom, Wind, Serpent, Sound, Insect, and Water pillar all went to Uzui's place to dine.

The ten of them were greeted by Uzui's beautiful wives; Maiko, Hinatsuru, and Suma. And if you're going to ask them which member they're really fond of, it's Saito. They even ask Uzui to make Saito his 4th wife but the Blossom pillar is still young.

The three wives prepared them Tonkatsu, Kitsune Udon, Salmon Daikon, a bowl of rice, green tea for washing all of it down, and Daikfuku for a light dessert.

The pillars are seated on a long table fit for 10 people. On the right side seated Giyuu, Shinobu, Gyomei, Muichiro, and Shinazugawa. And on the left side, there are Obanai, Mitsuri, Saito, Rengoku, and Uzui.

The trio walked in carrying the food and Giyuu was ecstatic after seeing the Salmon Daikon, well not really, but his eyes sure say it.

"Itadakimasu!!"

Everyone chanted as they dig in. Saito served herself some Tonkatsu and Salmon. The crispiness of the Tonkatsu really satisfied Saito's liking as well as the freshness of the Salmon.

"Oi! Ushikawa! Tell us how you encountered the progenitor!!" Uzui shouted from across the table with his mouth still full of food.

Saito sighed and rested her chopsticks on her rice bowl.

"Well first, I didn't fully see the whole transaction and I didn't face him. So don't put your hopes too high.

Past

"I'm so tired... I want to eat Udon... I'm starving. Why did I have to have missions back to back. Why can't lower rank slayers deal with it."

Dragging her feet across the road. Most of the houses are closed and so are vendors, well it's already midnight to begin with. Using her sword as a walking stick, she saw a bench. Perfect for calming her burning calves. Oh how much they ache from all the jumping, walking, running and kicking.

As Saito was about to reach the bench, she saw a figure of a kid within her peripheral. Not wanting to deal with another demon chase, she decided to first walk the kid home before resting. A much better solution than letting the kid attract demons.

Before she could set a single step, the kid she once though to be young looking boy morphed into a tall man. The road is dark and barely lit, but those eyes. Those red eyes can be seen from a far. There's no mistaking it.

"Is that? Kibutsuji Muzan? Why is he here?! Is he going to cause any chaos?! I can't. I can't face him, Even if I do. I'll be killed before I know it."

Panick began to settle within Saito's core. But curiosity got the better for her and instead of hiding and running, she stayed hidden behind a lonesome tree behind the bend.

"Dispose them. I have no need for them anymore. Do whatever you wish. But it'll be a bummer if both of them will just be devoured. Turn the other into a demon. It's much more fun that way."

"As you please, My lord."

Unable to comprehend what she just saw, Saito forgot her intentions and a gasp escaped from her lips. Without any second though she used her veiling technique, hiding her presence from the demon lord and his subordinate.