休憩

Rest

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫, Saito decided to stay for a bit longer. Hanging out with Sanemi and Saito means reading books.

Saito lay on the floor along with Sanemi. The Blossom pillar is reading about a tragic love story titled "Somehow With My Tears". What can you say, she's a sucker for tragic love stories.

After an hour or so, Saito grew tired and decided to go home since it was already 8 o'clock. She bid goodbye to Sanemi and set off to her estate.

᯾᯾᯾

Saito has now reached her estate, she looked around eyeing if someone followed her. Fortunately, none was spotted so she entered her home and locked the door behind her, taking off her haori and zori from the genkan, she went to the living room and turned on all of the lights. She would do pilates before going to bed. Pilates is almost like Mitsuri's flexibility training but it targets more muscle strengthening and the core.

Saito went to her engawa to do some pilates. She loves doing her exercise out in the open to at least connect with nature. But she didn't go to the actual garden since there were a lot of mosquitoes out in the open and she doesn't want to be their food.

Her pilates workout consists of leg lifts, planking, clam, downward dog, double-leg stretches, and more. Her session usually lasts for about 30 minutes then she'll do a cool down.

Inhaling the sweet cold breeze of the night sky, and looking up above to the twinkling stars that are shining bright in the black sky. Everything could've been like this every night but demons decided to cause chaos.

After that, Saito went to the bathroom to have a warm bath to relax. Stripping off her sweaty uniform and undoing her hair. Saito sat on the wooden stool and scooped some water from the big wooden barrel in front of her. Washing and scrubbing her skin with a towel to wash off the sweat and grime on her skin.

Once she was done, she went into her small tub where her heated water is. Slowly dipping her body, the relaxing feeling of the water on her skin was amazing. After a sleepless night, this is a well-deserved price.

She then dried her body and went straight to her room and changed into her comfortable flower-patterned yogi. She put her in a bun and headed to her back garden to check some of her precious flowers.

𖠌

The pillar returned inside and went to her bedroom. Their two futons are playing on the floor beside each other, Why? Saito likes the spacious feeling whenever she sleeps that's why. Since her tiredness was replaced, she decided to read some books till she feel sleepy.

And that didn't age well as she already felt the wave of sleepiness. She eventually placed her book down and blew the lantern beside her. Finding a good position to sleep in, once she was comfortable she suddenly thought of someone.

"I miss you, Mom."

She then drifted into the darkness.

☕︎

The sun slowly crept from the mountains and let its rays rain on the places below it. Yatsu flew towards her pal's estate and saw that Saito's window is open. She swiftly landed on the window sill and saw the Blossom pillar asleep on her stomach while hugging her pillow.

"Caw! Caw! Wake up! Wake up! Caw! Caw!"

Saito abruptly sat up and looked around to who called her. She looked over her window and saw Yatsu nestled in the window. Scratching her head she asked. "What's your problem? It's so early in the morning and your screeching."

Yatsu snickered and flew down beside Saito. "Oyakata-sama wants you to know that he had given you 4 days of the day off!! Then after that, you'll return to your normal schedules!"

"Yeah sure whatever..." Saito was still sleepy so she couldn't fully grasp the news. "-Wait what?!"

"Caw! You have 4 days of the day off! Idiot! Caw!" Yatsu screamed even louder which caused Saito to wince. "Ok! ok! Sorry!"

The Blossom pillar went out of bed and did a little stretch before going to the bathroom to do some business. Yatsu on the other hand flew out to the window and went to the garden to wait for her breakfast.

After unloading some baggage, Saito changed into a modernized floral patterned hakama she received from Shinobu last year. Wearing her geta and fixing her hair, she heads down to the garden to meet Yatsu.

Yatsu was sitting beside her feeding bowl which Saito found really adorable. She stepped down and walked towards the small shelf she installed where her seed are. Taking a few scoops and putting them in the bowl, Yatsu happily ate while Saito took her watering can and filled it with water.

And don't worry from time to time Saito would feed dead insects or some eggs, corn, peanuts, or fruits. Crows are known to be omnivores and like to eat tons of varieties of food. Yatsu's favorite is peanuts and raisins.

Saito would usually ask the Kakushi's to take care of her babies when she has missions, but since she has four days free she's the one taking care of them.

Saito then heard footsteps coming from the side of the garden, behind the wooden fence. She quickly stopped watering and then she heard a sweet voice calling out her name.

"Sa-chan?? Are you here?" The beautiful and sweet Mitsuri asked from behind the wooden fence. Saito sighed, settled the can down, and opened the fence. She was greeted by Mitsuri's cute smile that can kill anyone.

"Good morning~ What brings you to my humble abode?" Saito asked, allowing the Love pillar through. Mitsuri happily entered and walked towards Yatsu who was still busy eating.

"Good morning too~! I was about to open your front door, but it was locked and your house is big, so I figured you wouldn't be able to hear me so I headed to your garden. Anyways I came here and thought you'd like to have breakfast with us?"

Saito hummed and walked beside Mitsuri who was busy petting her crow. "Who will be there?"

"Rengoku-san and Iguro-san! Shinazugawa-san, Himejima-san, and Tokito-kun declined and said that they'll be training.

Shinobu-san is busy with the patients, but I don't know about Tomioka-san, he wasn't in his home when I went there." Mitsuri stated while tapping her chin.

"You went to everyone's houses?!"

"Yep! Well, it's mostly my crow and the other messenger birds. And I also sent them the invite last night so it wasn't a hassle. I thought it'll be nice to have breakfast together like when we ate lunch yesterday. But I guess everyone is busy~"

"Don't worry, I'll come!"

"Really?!"