起きている

Awake

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 since Saito fell asleep. The pillar was awoken by hunger, she looked over the clock on the wall and saw that it was already 2:15 in the afternoon.

"I've been asleep for that long? What the? I hope they still have food..." Saito brushed her hair away from her face and exited the room. She decided to first check the training room to see if they are still there, but unfortunately, nobody is present.

"The training must have finished already... Might as well check the kitchen." The pillar lazily walk through the kitchen and saw that the room was empty, but she did saw a shadow in the backyard. She, of course, went ahead and check who it was, and low and behold it was Aoi-chan.

"Aoi-chan?" Aoi jolted when someone called her name. She turned around and saw the Blossom Pillar standing beside the door frame.

"Saito-san? Shouldn't you be resting?" The young lady protested and was about to stand up when Saito insisted she sit down.

"I'm okay now so there's nothing to worry about... Where's the others?"

"The trio is having their afternoon nap. Kanao-san is probably in her room, while Shinobu-sama is in her laboratory."

"Shouldn't you be also having an afternoon nap? You're still young and you also need to rest. You have been going in circles because of those patients."

"But I can't. What about those patients?" Aoi-chan argued.

Saito smiled and patted Aoi-chan's head, caressing it lovingly. "Don't worry... It's just for an hour or so. It's not like they will die once you close your eyes."

Aoi sighed in defeat and said, "Maybe you're right. But first, have you eaten yet?"

"That doesn't matter..."

"Yes, it does! You have to eat! Shinobu-sama speculated that you didn't eat breakfast when you came here this morning!" Aoi sternly stated, leaving Saito silent.

The pillar raised both of her arms as a sign of defeat. "Fine, I'll eat. But once I'm done you are going to have a rest!" The two made a deal as they giggled at themselves for creating such a stupid agreement. Both of the girls went back inside to the kitchen, good thing there was some leftover curry from earlier.

"You sit there and I'll get you some food." Saito was about to argue but she was cut off by Aoi's glare. She is quite scary when she is serious, but she is still a beauty, very strong, and intelligent too. She just loves that kid.

The two chatted and giggled about the patients. After Saito was done eating the two went back out to the garden to relax. Saito even taught Aoi-chan about flower languages and what the flowers planted in the garden meant.

"Saito-san? It's your last day today, right? Does that means you won't be here for weeks?" Aoi asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah. Time really flies. I'll probably come back after two weeks or so. Lower-rank slayers had been looking over my village and you never know if they are doing a good job. But I'm getting letters from them so they're doing good so far."

Aoi sighed, clearly upset about something. "Not to be selfish or rude but I really don't want you to go. And not to be rude to Shinobu-sama and the others, but you really make me feel like your own family and sister."

Saito smiled and pulled the teen to her lap while she rubbed her back in circles. "Oh, Aoi-chan~ You are my family. You all are the only family I have left."

"Thank you..." Aoi mumbled, closing her eyes and letting herself rest. Saito realized that the little girl is asleep when she heard soft snores. The pillar smiled, kissed the top of Aoi's hair, and continued to massage her head.

The Blossom Pillar looked over to the cloudless blue sky.

"Mom. Dad. Can you see me? I'm doing much better now. I hope you are too."

TIME SKIP

The sun is about to set so Saito decided to finally go home to get ready for tomorrow. Shinobu kept forcing her to stay for dinner but Saito refused and reasoned she need to go back to train.

The Insect Pillar gave in but still insisted Saito to least bring food with her so she can eat a proper dinner before going back to work. Saito didn't argue about that and just accepted the offer.

Once that was done she went straight to her estate, making sure that she wasn't followed or some shit. Once she entered she of course took out her outdoor shoes and changed into her indoor slippers. She changed into her workout clothes and head to her dojo to do her exercise you all probably know by now. Pilates and her sword-fighting skills of course.

That session took about an hour or two, but once the pillar was done she did a basic cool down and hydrating before taking a quick warm shower. Just to wash the sweaty smell off of her.

"Phew~ That felt amazing. Now time to cook. Since no one is going to be in here in probably a week or months... I'm just gonna boil some potatoes, mash them and eat them along with the curry and tempura Shinobu gave me. Yeah! Let's do that." Saito muttered to herself and went to her garden where she had been growing some potatoes of her own.

"Not to toot my own horn, but my potatoes look good. Looks like I don't need to buy at the market where they always put the price high." The pillar smirked as she pulled out three potatoes. Probably too much for one serving but that's fine.

She went back inside where it was warm and went on to boiling the potatoes. She really loves anything potatoes like sweet potatoes. Like, come on? It's easy to cook, easy to eat, healthy, filling, and stinking cheap. Kinda. Rengoku is definitely rubbing onto Saito.

Another filler before we get on with the real shit.