つなぐ

Bond

Saito finished patching Tanjiro up and gathered all of the supplies, arranging them on the tray. The pillar stood up and walked over to Aoi who's just finishing the boar head guy's injuries.

"Are you done Aoi-chan?"

"Yeah, I'm almost done. You can leave the tray here, I'll dispose of it along with mine." Said Aoi as she strapped the gauze tight on his forearm.

"Okay! I'll wait for you outside. Maybe after this, we can hang out with the kids!" Saito cheered and left Aoi-chan on her devices. As Saito walked she let her hair down as her bun is sagging and it doesn't look cute.

Aoi sighed and picked up both of the trays, stacking them together. The young girl stood up and fixed her skirt, walking over Zenitsu who was startled by her stern glare.

"That better be finished when I come back! Get it?! If not, I won't hesitate to tie you up and force it down your throat!" Aoi scolded the quivering boy while pointing at his untouched medicine.

She stormed out of the room, slamming the door in the then process. Zenitsu then leaped towards Tanjiro's bed with a very irritated expression.

"YOU! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GET THE GIRLS?! HUH?! I'M SO JEALOUS!! SHE TOUCHED YOU!!! IT'S SO UNFAIR!!"

Zenitsu continued screeching while Tanjiro tried to calm him down. Complaining how he always gets ignored by girls and all that shit. Tanjiro was finally able to calm down the screeching lemon boy.

"She seems to have some sort of hatred towards me. I smelled it. I don't know if it's because of me being with Nezuko or something else." Tanjiro muttered which gathered Zenitsu's attention.

"Well... She did mutter earlier that she hates guys. And her eyes conveyed utter disgust. That's a waste! She really pretty though..."

"Stop that! We don't know her enough to fully understand her. She seems really nice though."

Earlier

After Saito left the room she waited outside for Aoi, so that they can go to the kitchen together. "You good now? Let's have some tea~!!" Saito was invited after hearing Aoi leave the room.

"Yes, let's head to the kitchen. I'm sure Naho, Kiyo, and Kanao-sama will be there. Let me just discard this." Both agreed, Saito waited for the young lady while she throws away the used cotton.

"Let's go!!"

The two walk through halls that lead to the kitchen and dining room. There is Kiyo and Naho cleaning up and also preparing for the patient's lunch. Saito completely forgot what time it was.

"Hiya~ Kiyo and Naho~" Saito sneaked behind the two and surprised them by abruptly touching their shoulders.

The two dropped what they were doing, screeching and quickly looking behind them to see who scared them.

Saito was giggling while the girls were pouting and complaining about why their big sister surprised them like that. The pillar eventually apologized and hugged the two, the girls weren't able to resist Saito's hug so they hugged her back.

"So, how are you two?" Saito released the two and kissed their forehead.

"We've been good!!"

The blossom pillar smiled and nodded, then asked them where Kanao is. They answered saying that she is in the garden.

"Oh... I thought she'll be here. Anyway, what are you two doing?"

"We're helping on preparing the patient's lunch!!" Kiyo said with her adorable smile. Must protect that smile.

"Do you want me to help? I can plate the food while you guys cook. You don't want me to be the one cooking!"

Kiyo, Naho, and Aoi awkwardly laughed. They agreed to Saito's offer, and they head to the counter and started cooking up a storm.

"What is on their menu?"

"The menu Kocho-sama gave us is this!" Kiyo handed Saito a piece of paper with the list of the meal plan. For lunch, they will be having grilled salmon, gyudon beef bowls, and a side of butajiru.

"This seems easy to make! Have you guys started already?" Saito optimistically stated.

"Yes! We have started with the butajiru!" Kiyo and Naho said in chorus.

"Well let's start cooking then! I'll do the plating and cleaning while you guys cook!!"

All of them went to work, Aoi handle the gyudon beef bowl while the two kids handle the salmon under the adult supervision of Saito to prevent them from hurting themselves. Saito on the other hand continued the dishes that needed washing.

TIME SKIP

The four of them finished the cooking in just two and a half hours, not bad for a small group of people. They were just in time as the Kakushi's came in and took all of the trolly filled with food. They all thanked the cooks and excused themselves.

While they were slaving away through the dishes, Saito made some green tea for everyone. They also save some lunch for the seven of them so that they don't have to cook again.

"You girls relax here while you sip your teas. I'm going to fetch Kanao and Shinobu so we can eat lunch together, it's already 12:45. Wait for me here!"

Saito went to fetch Kanao first since it's closer to the kitchen. The pillar went out from the back door that leads to the back garden, and there she is seated on the engawa with butterflies surrounding her.

She really is a beauty. Saito really wished Kanao had a much better household and childhood way back because that really broke the poor girl.

"Kanao~ Lunch is ready. Let's eat together with the kids!" Saito gently approached the quiet girl as she tap her shoulder.

Kanao turned around and smiled at the sight of her older sister. She nodded as an answer and stood up, the two of them went back inside to see Shinobu is already there.

"Good thing you came out of your cavern! You're drowning yourself with too much work!"

"Well, it's not my fault you don't like paper works~"

"What is there to like? The smell of paper and ink?" Saito joked while wiggling her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

Shinobu facepalmed at Saito's remarks. "You're an idiot, really."

They all sat together, enjoying each other's company. Casually chatting and joking around, she wasn't able to sit and chat with them properly because of missions coming from left to right.