Beauty

" But Muichiro, no matter how virtuous you are in life, the Gods and the Buddha won't protect you in the end. So I thought I had to protect you. Sorry for not being nice to you. I never could do that. I guess being nice to people is something only chosen ones can do."

"ᴛʜɪs! ᴛʜɪs! ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴀɴ! ᴛʜɪs ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ! ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴅᴏ, ʜᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇ"

"ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪs ᴇʏᴇs, ʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇs ᴛᴏ sɪʟᴇɴᴛʟʏ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ!!"

"ᴏʜ, sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ."

Gyokko saw Kanamori-san lying on the floor with rubbles falling on him. The demon was about to leap and kill Kanamlori-San but a sharp blade stopped him from doing so. He was quick to dodge and his within his pot.

"ʜᴇ ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ʙᴀsɪɴ!! ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴅɪᴅ ʜᴇ... I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ. sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ɪɴsᴛᴀɴᴛʟʏ, ɪ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴍ. ɴᴏ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟғ ᴛʜɪs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪᴅ ᴡᴀʏ. ɪ ᴡᴀs sᴜᴘᴘᴇʀ ғᴏᴄᴜsᴇᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏᴡ!! ʏᴇs!!"

"ʜᴍ? ᴡʜᴏᴀ ᴡʜᴏᴀ ᴡʜᴏᴀ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴍᴀʀᴋ? ᴀᴄᴄᴏʀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴜᴢᴀɴ-sᴀᴍᴀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ ʙᴏʏ ʜᴀs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ sɪᴍɪʟᴀʀ. ɴᴏ ɴᴏ ɴᴏ. ʙᴜᴛ sᴛɪʟʟ. ʜᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇʟᴀxᴇᴅ ғᴀᴄʀ? ʜɪs ʙᴏᴅʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀʟʏᴢᴇᴅғʀᴏᴍ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ."

Muichiro rushed forward and Gyokko held a pot and sprung tentacles. It was warping and wriggling all around as it multiplies and grew larger. Its enormous size ripped through the shed, punching through the walls and roof. Muichiro attempted to cut the tentacles in bits but his blade shattered in half.

"sᴏ? ʜᴏᴡ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴏᴄᴛᴜᴘᴜs ғʟᴇsʜ? ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ."

Haganezuka-san was flung from his set, but that didn't stop him from grabbing the whetstone and sharpening the rusted blade gripping his hands. No matter the amount of blood seeping through his clothes, or the injuries he succumbs to, he continued to work.

"ʜᴇ's ᴛɪʟʟ sʜᴀʀᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇ. ɪs ʜᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ? ʜᴇ's ɴᴏᴛ sᴀɴᴇ ғᴏʀ sᴜʀᴇ... ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴏᴋᴀʏ ᴛᴏ... ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪʟʟᴀʀ ғɪʀsᴛ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪᴛʜ."

Kanamori-san and Muichiro are now within the tight clench of the tentacles.

" ɪ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴜʀᴇʟʏ ᴄʀᴜsʜ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙsᴏʀʙ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ"

But before he can even utter his following words, the pillar already broke free from the tentacles with one synced slice. Pieces of the tentacles wriggled and fell on the ground.

"You made this blade for me. Thank you Kanamori-san."

"No, No, I... Just followed your first blacksmith's instructions and did exactly as he wrote..."

"Oh, right... Tetsuido-san made my blade first. He died from a heart attack..."

"ʜᴍᴘʜ. ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴀɴʏ sᴡᴏʀᴅs ʏᴏᴜ ᴜsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ."