救済

Relief

It has been a week since Rengoku's death, and Saito was able to come back to work after a day of grieving. Saito visited Senjuro and chatted with him since his father barely take care of him. Sometimes she would sleep in their house to keep Senjuro company.

With Senjuro

Saito knocked on the door of the Flame estate. She patiently waited and heard it open, there Senjuro answered the door.

"Saito-neechan!!" Senjuro squealed after seeing his big sister. He engulfed her in a tight warm hug, nuzzling his face on her neck.

"Senjuro-kun! I missed you!!"

"So was I neechan! You barely visit this month." Senjuro pouted and pulled himself out of Saito's arms.

Saito smiled and ruffled his hair. "Sorry, buddy... I got really busy these days! But we can go out today if you want to. It's my break today before I go back to patrol
Are you down?"

Senjuro's having some second thoughts about coming with Saito. The pillar quickly caught it and asked if he was okay.

"Well... I can't leave father all by himself. I have to do some cleaning as well. I probably shouldn't come... Sorry, neechan."

"What? Is your father still trying to destroy his liver? He's a grown-ass adult! He can clean after himself!"

"But neechan! You know how he is. He doesn't care about his health and well-being anymore-"

"Okay fine... How about I help you clean and prepare for your helpless father then after that, we go have our bonding together? How does that sound to you?"

"But neechan you can't do that! You just came here and it's also your break. I can't let you do that..."

"Come on it'll be quick! We'll just leave a note to your father saying that we'll be out for a couple of hours! It'll be fun!" Saito made her way inside the home even though the young Rengoku was not having any of it.

Senjuro finally gave up and together they cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and his father's room. Saito helped Senjuro cook lunch and she even learned one or two from the kid. That says a lot about her abilities to cook.

The Pillar insisted that they'll eat out and Senjuro's father can eat here. I mean, I'm sure he can feed himself. He agreed and delivered his father's lunch to his room.

"Father... Here's your lunch. Saito-neechan is here and invited me to go out with her. We'll be back in an hour or two. You can get some more if you wish to."

Shinjuro, the former Flame Pillar didn't even take a glance at his son and lay there with his alcohol in hand.

"Yeah... Like I care!"

Senjuro just nodded and left the room. He's already used to his father's attitude and just makes the best out of it. He's the only parent he had left.

Saito waited patiently outside the room, though still listening just in case something happens. She saw Senjuro exit the door and asked him what his reaction is.