別れ

Farewell

It took Saito half an hour to reach back to her village. That took longer than the time she arrived at that small village. With tiredness and laziness in the mix, you won't be moving any quicker.

The pillar went back on guarding duty even though she was sleepy. Looking over her pocket watch Saito realized that it was almost 2 in the morning. It is still dawn so she just watches the stars as she listens to the sound of the dancing leaves and the calling of the owl nearby.

Out of the blue Saito remembered her mother's sweet humming voice, she would sing while watching the Night-blooming jasmines show their beauty under the moon.

"Oh Mom, how I miss your voice..."

Saito clearly remembers how her mother would sit outside, bathing herself in the moon's everlasting glow. Whenever Saito would get nightmares her mother would cuddle her outside as she sings Saito a lullaby.

Hanabi would hug and give her daughter warm embraces till she fells back to sleep. All those memories Saito took for granted. Oh, how she badly want to go back to the time when everything was alright.

(I just want to add this because I love Lauren so much!! Check her out! She's amazing! 
© To Laurena Paley)

Dancing bears painted wings
Things I almost remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart
Used to know,
Things it yearns to remember...

And a song
Someone sings

Once upon a December

That song is still engraved in her head. Another one of the lullabies that Saito's mom sings. Saito is gifted with a beautiful singing voice just like her dear mother. That to her is the only connection she had left with her mother. Singing to her.

With every passing hour, the sky slowly brightens and turns blue. The pillar look over to her watch and saw that it was already 3.

"I've been here for over two hours? That's fast..."

But the pillar's daydreaming was cut short when a sudden screech was heard from a distance. Saito sat up when she saw Yatsu and another crow calling on to her.

"Caw! Caw! Emergency!! The flame pillar is in need of assistance! Caw!"

"Caw! He's currently fighting against an Upper Moon in this instance! Caw! Need backup! Caw! Hurry!"

Saito wasted no time and quickly started running without looking back. She knows that Rengoku is an impeccable pillar but she still worries for him. The crows won't just randomly ask for another pillar to help another unless it's getting out of hand.