乗る

Ride

Rengoku was cut off when a frail-looking conductor came into the compartment. He limply walked towards the four of them, passing by the sleeping passengers.

"I will... Look at... Your tickets..."

"What's that?" Curious Tanjiro asked.

"The conductor is coming around to confirm your tickets and punch holes in them," Rengoku explained as he handed out his own ticket.

"Hm? What's this? I smell something bad...!!"

The old man looked like he had not been getting any sleep for the past week. His hollow cheeks and dark circles also send Rengoku uneasiness.

"Conductor! It's dangerous, so stand down! It's an emergency. So I would prefer it if you don't ask me why I have a sword on me!"

Rengoku stood up and ordered the man to back down. Then suddenly a large demon with horns appeared at the end of the compartment.

The Flame Pillar took out his blazing sword off its saya.

"Big guy!! Were you hiding your Blood Demon Techniques? It was hard to find your presence, however! If you're bearing your fangs at sinless people, the red flame sword of Rengoku will burn you down to the bone!!"

The demon screeched and attempted to attack, but Rengoku took that chance and went forward.

"Flame Breathing First Form: Sea of Fire!!"

The demon was quickly beheaded with just one swipe. All of the passengers along with Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro were fascinated and amazed by Rengoku's outstanding performance.

Tanjiro stood up and praised our flame pillar for his amazing swordsmanship, and even asked him to be his disciple.

"Sure thing!! I'll make you into a fine swordsman!!"

Zenitsu and Inosuke joined in with their derpy faces. With Rengoku's booming voice, he stated that hell look over every single one of them. They of course celebrated, chanting "Rengoku- anikii!" while jumping up and down. All of a sudden they fall asleep as if it was all just a dream.

"Being able to die while dreaming is a blessing"

\\Back to Saito\\

*Two days before the Mugen Train incident*

Saito is back at the village she's monitoring. She walked over the roofs of every house while she eats the Mitarashi dango she had saved earlier. She then heard Yatsu calling over her from afar. Saito of course looked behind and put up her arm for Yatsu to land on it.

"What do you want?"

"Caw! Caw! Shinobu-sama informed me that Rengoku-sama might be passing by this village for his mission! He is on a train! Caw! She told me to let you know in case he needed help!"

"Do you really need to specify that he is on a train?"

"When?" Saito asked as she finished one stick of dango.

"The day after tomorrow! Caw!" Yatsu screamed as she pecked Saito's forearm, she was clearly asking for food. Saito glared at her stupid bird and pulled out a small pouch of seed just for Yatsu.

The pillar took a bit of seed and placed it on the ground for Yatsu to eat properly. "Hmmm... That's fine I guess. I could hang out with him more!"

Next Day

It's another day and the blossom pillar decided to have some cold soba for lunch. She went inside one of her favorite places to eat, it's owned by a very nice old lady named Sato Chika. In Saito's opinion, Sato-obaasan makes the best cold soba.

"Konichiwa Sato-obaasan!"

"Ara! Saito-chan is that you? Why hello to you too." Sato-san waved, squinting her eyes to see the Blossom pillar who was greeting her fully.

"Obasaan, do you still have cold soba? I'm hungry~"

"Why of course! I saved you two servings, just like how you want them. You're the only one that comes to my place at a time like this to eat soba." Sato-obaasan went back to the kitchen to prepare the food and left Saito all by herself.

Saito played with her hair while she waits for the food. The reason Saito chooses to go to Sato-san's place rather than those popular places, she felt bad because the old lady is all alone after her husband succumbed to his illness.

The pillar then heard footsteps so she instinctively turned around and saw a guy come in. "I knew you'd be here, Saito-chan."

This stinky guy uttered in his rough voice. Saito, of course, got pissed, she hates guys who think approaching someone with that kind of demeanor thinks people will be nice to them. As if following and persistence will make somebody happy, hate it to break it to you but it doesn't and will only make them hate you more. To put it simply, if she says no, just leave her alone. How's that hard?

"Get out of here before I break your face." The Blossom Pillar threatened as she stood up from her seat. The guys of course took no for answer and stayed. What's wrong with guys not knowing what no means? It's not hard to comprehend. 

"What are you gonna do sweet cheeks? Hit me? You know I could do that so much better~"

Saito can't take it anymore and punches the low-life square in the guts and knees him right in his crotch. The guy was in total pain and kneeled on the floor while he holds his family gems. The guys scurried out and left Saito in the soba place.

She isn't going to lie but she felt pride gushing through her veins. She doesn't like hurting people but she goes all out when they really deserve it. And that man truly deserve it, he had been harassing and disturbing Saito for the past couple of days.

Anyways Sato-obaasan returned from the kitchen holding her tray of food.

"Here you go, sweetheart. Do enjoy."

Of course, Saito enjoyed that delicious meal. No one can top Sato-obaasan's cold soba. But sadly Saito finished it all and of course, she paid even though Sato-obaasan insisted she not. She left the place and went to the neighboring forest to wander around the return before sundown.

Saito went about her day unbeknownst to what is to come tomorrow. She went back to normal scouting and looked over the village and its surrounding. There's some kill here and there, but nothing that life-threatening.

This chapter is a bit boring for me... Sorry about that (。•́︿•̀。)