妻たち

Wives

With Saito and Uzui

"You know, I doubt those two will back out. Especially that Kamado one. I know him well enough to see through his literal thick skull." Saito bluntly stated while the two of them are looking over the whole district.

"Oh really? Wanna bet on that? If they did back out you'll be my fourth wife~" Uzui teased as he look over the blossom pillar.

Saito was visibly disgusted but smirked right after. "Sure, but if I am right you'll have to pay me ¥20,000. Deal?"

Uzui became silent for a bit. Really? ¥20,000? Just for some dumb bet? Well, I guess it's better than being married. The flamboyant pillar shakes hands with Saito, sealing the deal.

"Don't worry my love, I can manage with that amount. You'll be my wife by the end of this mission anyway."

"Only if you survive this shit show. I'm starting to feel like this won't be easy, especially with the houses surrounding us. It's going to be catastrophic. And remember when I told you that I saw Muzan? This won't end well." Uzui walked beside her and patted her shoulder, reassuring her that everything will go just fine.

"Don't worry, we will manage!"

BACK AT THE TOKITO HOUSE

Koinatsu-oiran sat in front of her vanity with two girls beside her. "There's nothing more to do here so just go and eat."

The two girls chanted "yes" and went out of the room laughing and cheering. The Oiran smiled at them sweetly, then admired herself in the vanity mirror beside her.

"Koinatsu-oiran." Tanjiro appeared behind the Oiran in his Demon Slayer uniform and Nezuko behind him.

"Forgive me for being impolite. I will be leaving the 'Tokito House'. I owe the master and the others for all the care they provided for me, so could you give this payment to them?" Tanjiro pushed forward the paper envelope filled with money.

"Sumi-chan... Your clothes..."

"I have my reasons for dressing up like a girl, But I'm actually a boy."

"Oh, I knew that. I could tell just by looking... and hearing." Tanjiro was speechless after what the Koinatsu-oiran just said.

"I knew you were a boy from the beginning. I was wondering what you were doing here... You have your circumstances right? You were worried about Suma-chan right?"

"Yes! I really was! That wasn't a lie! I will save those who disappeared."

"Thanks, I am a little relieved now. You see... I'm leaving this time tomorrow." The sweet Oiran announced.

"Is that so!! That sounds wonderful!!" Tanjiro congratulated the Oiran along with his signature genuine smile.

"There's someone who's willing to take me as a wife... I am extremely happy right now. But... That's why I couldn't help but worry about everyone I was leaving behind. Even though there were a lot of unsettling incidents happening, I have no means to investigate them..."

"That's natural, so please don't worry. Just smile."

The Koinatsu-oiran smiled effortlessly and said, "I really don't want you to go, Sumi-chan."

Tanjiro felt butterflies in his stomach and all fuzzy. He looked down at his lap and smiled to himself. He finally bid himself goodbye and left the house.

Now that the Koinatsu-oiran is all alone she felt someone towering behind her. She assumed that it's one of the girls from earlier and asked,

"Did you forget something?"