𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜 𝟷.𝟷

𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
'𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚠𝚒𝚌𝚑.'

Ashton entered The Orpheum from the back entrance, the familiar smell of alcohol and cigarettes filled her lungs, and somehow she enjoyed it

Ashton entered The Orpheum from the back entrance, the familiar smell of alcohol and cigarettes filled her lungs, and somehow she enjoyed it. This had been her scene for a while now, the bars in Los Angeles, and the feeling of being there felt like home, right down to the horrible smell. She looked at the stage, and noticed a few of the backstage guys sorting some of the band's equipment out.

She took it upon herself to make her way backstage to the dressing room her band had to cram into. Being the opening act wasn't always the easiest job, it meant having to share anything - no privacy. But she didn't mind being that open with the boys, they had been close for around seven years now, so it was no surprise that they were all comfortable.

She dumped her bag in a corner of the small dressing room, and sat herself down on the tiny couch that had been provided by the bar for them. Ashton sighed to herself and began to hum the words for the first song they planned to play. She could barely get to the chorus before another band member came in, Bobby this time.

Her brother walked in excitedly, and begins squealing like a girl as soon as he saw her there. He ran up to her and scooped her into a hug tightly and they celebrated their big night.

"The Orpheum, huh." Bobby chuckled to himself. "You ever think we'd get this far?"

"When I first heard you guys play? Not at all." She laughed, leaning back into the leather couch slightly. "But when we sang at that book club the other year, I knew we were ready for this. It's just destiny for us to play here. Fate."

"Wise words from my big sister. Who knew you were smart?" He took his hand and ruffled his hand through the top of her head. She squealed slightly, pushing him away from herself, and grabbed his hand to keep it from messing her hair up more.

"Sweet, bully Bobby time." A voice came from the entrance, and the siblings look up to see their bass player standing in the doorway. Ashton immediately left her brother, rushed up to the boy and wrapped him in an embrace he loved dearly.

They usually hugged like this, randomly, but passionately. Over the years, the two had become great friends, and loved each other very much, but not as far as dating wise. They swore they would never ruin their friendship by doing anything of the sort. So, it was only natural that Ashton was happy to see her best friend had shown up for the gig that night.

"Reggie, you came!" She squealed, pulling back and grabbed his signature black leather jacket from his hands, placing it neatly on the hanger behind the door.

"Of course I came, Ash." He laughed and used the name she used most. It was shorter, and more comfortable for her to hear. "It's my gig too."

"Yeah, I know." She exhaled. "I just want this night to go perfectly and then I can die peacefully."