𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝟷.𝟹

𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗
'𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚢.'

"Hey, maybe we should go check out your house

"Hey, maybe we should go check out your house." Alex suggested to Ash as she stood in the garage. "You know, to see if anything's changed."

She just shrugged, "I dunno, Alex. I don't want to see what twenty-five years has done to it."

"Oh, come on, what's the worst that can happen?" Luke encouraged her. "And it you're really that scared, I'll hold your hand."

"Oh wow thanks." She rolled her eyes sarcastically, but took his offer, and grabbed his hand and latched on quickly. "Come on then."

"Yeah." Luke grinned. "Come on boys." The guys followed as Luke and Ashton walked around the backyard. She looked at her mother's dahlia's which had been salvaged by Julie's family. The purple flowers stood tall in proud in the wooden flower beds. Ashton smiled softly at the fond memory of her and Bobby messing around in the backyard with the boys when they were just twelve years old. She already missed her brother. Sure, it had only been an hour for her, but according to the rest of the world it was twenty-five years since she had seen him.

"Huh." Ashton smiled. "They're still here."

"I did not think Julie would've wanted them here." Luke shuddered. "Ugly things, they were."

"Only because you fell into them face first." She nudged his shoulder with her own, he squeezed her hand quickly before she moved on. The four of them walked into the house, where it appeared Julie and her family were having dinner together.

"Moving from here is only gonna help you move on." A lady said, her hand on Julie's shoulder. "You've got to rip that Band-Aid off and get the pain over with." Reggie tripped over as the band moved through the back door, and it got Julie's attention.

"Argh!" She yelled out of fear, before the family turned to look at her with confused expressions. "That's me. Ripping off the Band-Aid. Aah!" She chuckled awkwardly.

"There's my brave girl." The lady said, her hands now either side of Julie's face as if she were a child.

"Hey, Julie, I really like what you guys did with the place." Luke leant forward and whispered.

Ashton muttered to Alex, "I sure don't.", as her eyes scanned what used to be, and still was, the kitchen. But it wasn't her kitchen. A lot had been changed; it was a lot more modern than it used to be. For instance the table was glossed down, and skinnier. When Ashton was young, the table was merely a slab of wood on legs, nothing too fancy.

"You shouldn't be here." Julie hissed at the bandmates.

"Oh, I'm just here to help, mija." The woman apologised, making Julie's head turn around again to face her.