𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙶𝚒𝚐 𝟽.𝟷

𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙶𝚒𝚐
'𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛.'

Later that night, phantoms were in the living room, sat on the couch

Later that night, phantoms were in the living room, sat on the couch. Ashton sat between Alex and Luke, her legs beneath Alex's as Luke rested his head on her arm, slowly drifting off to sleep.

"You can't hide forever, ghosties." Carlos entered the room, scanning it with his tablet. Aunt Tia stood behind him with her hands on her hips, waiting for Carlos to see her. He obviously mistook her for a ghost in the dark. "Gotcha!"

"For the last time, mijo." Tia turned the light on. "Ghosts are not real."

"Typical adult." Reggie scoffed from the arm chair.

"Remember when we were kids, and they never believed what we said?" Reggie sat up straight in his chair.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's just a you thing." Alex shakes his head. "I was always pretty trustworthy." Ashton nodded in agreement. She would trust Alex with her life at this point.

"Shouldn't we be more worried about Julie?" Luke asked. "Her dad just busted her, OK? He's probably making her quit the band."

"Well, there's not much we can do about that now, but... we can still help Carlos!" Reggie lifted his finger, having a eureka moment. "Adults not believing children ends tonight. Showtime."

Ashton stood up momentarily, "Reg don't-"

"Just let it play out." He mumbled in his sleepy daze and pulled her back down.

"Fine." She sighed. "Just don't complain when he blows our cover."

"I haven't seen them." Carlos shook his head at Tia, who was looking as if the young boy is crazy. "I-" Reggie turned the lamp off, getting their attention.

"Ghosts aren't real, huh?" Carlos grinned. "How do you explain that?"

"Light bulbs burn out all the time, Carlos." Tia shrugged, but was freaking out inside.

"Ooh! Wrong answer, tía." Reggie tutted, before jumping over the couch to pull the blinds up and down. "Explain... this."

"What on earth is he doing?" Ash muttered to Luke.

"Give him his moment." He sighed, clearly being in a similar scenario before.

"Maybe it's my mom." Carlos suggested.

"Your mama would never scare us." Tia took a shaky breath in. "This is the work of a demon!" The blind-moving stopped as Reggie turned to Tia with a horrified expression.

"Hey, words hurt." He sobbed.

"Wait! I got to get it on video." Carlos said, pulling his tablet up to record the tampering.