𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝟻.𝟸

𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛
'𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌.'

"Man, dude, I knew I recognized him

"Man, dude, I knew I recognized him." Alex said when the applause died down. "He's the guy that bumped into me outside the Orpheum."

"Wait. Isn't he that magician dude that died a horrible death doing a trick?" Reggie asked Willie.

"Yeah, I wouldn't really bring that up when we meet him." Alex suggested.

"You should come back when he shows one of his movies." Willie chuckled. "I mean, for Titanic, he literally floods the entire place. I mean, the guy has got skills"

"All right, but he can wave his arms and make ghosts visible to lifers?" Luke said.

"Told you, the guy's got skills." Willie nodded.

"So where'd he go?" Reggie wondered, looking around the room, and Caleb appeared behind Alex's chair. "Oh wow! Found him! Ha!"

"Hello, boys, and girl." He nodded my way. "Caleb Covington. Welcome to the Hollywood Ghost Club. Enjoying the show?"

"Yo, that was... I mean... Did you... Like..." Luke stumbled, lost for words.

"I know." Caleb silenced him.

"Right?" Luke exhaled as he placed an arm around Ash's chair.

"This is Alex, Luke, and Reggie." Willie introduced the guys. "And Ashton."

"Yeah, it's really nice to meet you." Alex said politely, whereas Reggie didn't care much for manners.

"Yo, sup?" He held two fingers up and chuckled.

"The pleasure is mine." Caleb smiled. "Nothing warms my heart more than sharing this magic with new friends. Please, sit. Sit."

"Uh, thank you for the invite." Alex said, trying to redeem the boys' reputation to the ghost.

"Of course. Of course! It was nothing." Caleb shook his hand dismissively. "Now, my friend Willie tells me that you boys have some magic of your own."

"Well..." Alex said high-pitched. He immediately went into gay panic mode, looking around the room as heat creeps up his neck and takes place on his face. "Willie and I? I mean, I wouldn't really call it magic, but I mean..." Ashton rested the side of her face against Luke's arm as she cringed for her best friend.

"Oh no, he means your ghost abilities." Willie explained, feeling embarrassed for himself and Alex. "You know, like, to be seen by everybody when you play with Julie."

"No, totally. Right. No." Alex nodded, clearly feeling more awkward than before. Ashton looked up at Luke, and saw a smirk on his face identical to her own. There was something going on there, and she was going to get to the bottom of it. "Cause when you said it, I was like, 'is that what he said?' 'Cause... Yeah, but we can't really, uh, wave our arms and do all this magic stuff."