27

Y/n POV

Today was a new day, currently the time was during the afternoon

Today was a new day, currently the time was during the afternoon. The sun would be setting soon and the whether seemed a bit chilly. Apparently it would rain in an hour or two, I wonder if we will get back home by then.

I leaned on the railing next to Reki as we stared at the wall in front of, particularly at the red star that was on it. We were still in our school uniform, and we've been wearing our spring clothes. I'm glad Reki called me to go with him, I knew this was something he could have alone but he still wanted me there with him.

"I know it's not like me to be moping like this!" Reki said with a determined look. I'll have to see how much of a difference there is between me, Y/n, and Langa!, he thought in his mind.

"That's the spirit Reki" I say with a smile as Reki handed me his backpack while he walked away from me going towards up the hill. I placed his green backpack on the ground next to mine, near the dirt.

I moved closer to the side he was on and watched him step on his board. He had a strong-willed look on his face as he went up the ramp and managed to jump on the wall but not yet close enough. This pulled the strings in my heart as he didn't give up, he muttered to himself out loud that he can do it. Sometimes he landed wrong or didn't jump upright, and every time he failed, a dark look on his face started to appear.

"Dammit!" Reki cursed out as he fell on his knees, making me bite my lip as I marked the 10th 'X' on the dirt with a stick I found.

But Reki didn't stop there, he kept going on going. And watching him get hurt over and over was getting unbearable each moment. He wasn't just getting hurt physically but mentally as well. The signs of depression were clear as day these past few days and it hurt me seeing him this way. But despite it all I still felt hopeful for him, he's going through a dark moment in his life but I'm here with him no matter what. I'm empethetic towards him and what's he's going through because I dealt with what he is feeling before.

I noticed Reki's hand almost touched the star but he wasn' able to do it causing him to land on the ground on his back, hearing a harsh thud as he fell.

"Reki! Okay stop it for now! Take a break please!" I yell out to him as I ran towards him "You're already covered in so many scratched and even some bruising already!"

"Then you do it!" He screamed at me making me flinch and stagger back. His eyes were seething with much anger but it softened when he saw me flinch away. "Just...try it please"

I hesitantly looked at him, I don't blame him for getting mad and yelling at me on accident. I sighed and nodded since it's what he wanted. I extended my hand out for him to hold to help him stand up carefully.

"Okay, I will" I said softly as I went back to where I was and grabbed my board that was strapped on my backpack.

Once I unstrapped it, I grabbed my longboard and made my way up the concrete hill. I place my board down and placed my right foot first on it and soon once I got both feet on my board I was going down the small hill. Once I was close to the small wooden ramp, I took a swift turn as Reki watched my every move.