Chapter 25-Lily

The gag was taken out of her mouth and her cuffed wrists were set free. 

She didn't know who took her or where she was.  It was too dark to see. Tears burned her eyes;a knot lodged in her throat.  She was unable to see as she took a small step forward and nearly staggered. 

From the sounds of her shuffling it sounded as though she was indoors.  But where?  She couldn't remember a thing.  Her brain was foggy and her senses were disoriented. 

It was deathly cold and the thin garment of a dress she wore didn't help ward off the chill seeping through her skin. 

"W-who's there?"  She called out. 

Goosebumps broke out on her chilled flesh.  It was too quiet.  As if an impending doom was upon her. 

She stood there motionless as she tried to decipher which way to go.  Was she even alone? But she didn't hear any movement.  The silence was more terrifying than not being able to see.

The only thing she could hear was the pounding of her heart and her noisy breathing.

A fist slammed into her ribcage. 

Shocked, she fell against a wall, wheezing as her legs gave out.

She couldn't breath from the impact, her teeth clenched together. 

Another punch, this one to her face. 

Then another to her stomach.

She fell to her side, groaning in agony.  Lights exploded behind her eyes from the pain. 

There wasn't a moment for her to recover when a hand snagged her hair. 

She screamed. 

With all the pain she was in, she clawed at it and jerked roughly to the side as she tried to force the hand to release her.  But her arm was pinned awkwardly behind her back.  Her head was pulled back and bent her neck at an unnatural angle. 

Her head was raised and slammed into the hard concrete.  Stars burst before her eyes; she could feel the hair ripping from her scalp. 

Her eyes burned, feeling hair ripping from her scalp as she was forced to stand on her knees. 

She was suddenly released. 

Her knees and palms stung as they slapped the floor.

Tears were streaming free down her cheeks as she cried loudly.  The pain was unbearable in her stomach and face.  She tried to get back on her feet.  She desperately struggled to get up but her feet wouldn't cooperate with her mind.  Her body shook and her muscles trembled. 

More tears poured down her face and throat.

She tripped and fell, and was dragged before she was able to gain her footing. 

Her entire body throbbed as blood seeped from her mouth.

She gagged, choked, sputtered and finally vomited, but nothing came out but thick blood. 

Why was this happening to her? 

What had she done to deserve this?

Why was she being punished?

She was drained of energy and life.  She could barely move.  It was impossible to get up from the hard cold floor.  Someone stood over her.  She couldn't see them but sensed them.