Chapter 5-Natasha

When Frankie saw Hope, his mouth gaped open much like a fish.  He couldn't seem to shift his eyes from the nest of hair on her head.  He looked to be in pain as he politely asked Hope to take a seat in his chair while his assistant Jet unfolded a cape around her torso. 

While Jet was asking Hope if she'd like tea, water, or coffee before they started, Frankie clutched Sammy's arm in a tight squeeze and propelled him away from the styling chair. 

"What is this?"  Frankie asked in a whisper to Sammy, gesturing to her hair with his hands.   "What in the world have you brought me?  What has been done to this poor soul?"

Sammy snaps his fingers.

"Work your magic, Frankie.  Jesus knows she's gonna need it."

"Half of the hair on her scalp will come out if I even attempt to brush it out!" He argued. 

Sammy shrugs.  "Chop it off if you have to.  It's not like she's auditioning to be the sixth member of the spice girls.  You need to fix this mess I have on my hands and make her look human again.  She looked like she was living in a cave." 

Frankie rubs his neck, looking past his shoulder back at Hope.  "I can cut it to her shoulders and try to untangle the rest.  I'd recommend we dye it dark blonde perhaps and add extensions to replace the length she's missing.  I'll need more than half the day to fix this mess."

"Do what you need to do, honey.  I was given a job to do."  Sammy takes out Zayn's titanium black credit card and waves it in front of him.  "Don't worry about the cost.  Just. Fix. It. My reputation is on the line."  He insists. 

Frankie and his assistant Jet went to work.  First, they cut out the thick knots then lathered her hair in a deep conditioner for about an hour before they attempted to brush it out.  After three broken hand brushes, another round of deep conditioner, haircut to her shoulders, a Brazilian blowout, they began dying her hair.  Frankie unboxed tape extensions and laid them out perfectly to begin the process while the heating apparatus was hovered over Hope's head to speed up the transfer of color. 

While Sammy waited he had his own hair trimmed, his brows waxed and got a pedicure for his troubles.  All included on Zayn's tab. 

After an extra two hours, the extensions were applied, Hope's hair was styled and a finishing mist was sprayed all over to keep the style in place. Hope's chair was turned for Sammy's inspection.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!"  Sammy says, pleased with the results.  "Frankie, my man, fine job!"

Hope blushes, sinking into the chair. 

Frankie wiped his brow.  "Thanks, lovey.  Just when I believed I've seen it all. . ."

"Oh my Jesus!  Now that her hair's been taken care of, look at her brows!  If they could talk they'd be crying for help. Oh Natasha!"  Sammy hollers with a quick clap to gain the Russians attention. 

"Yes darling!"  A voluptuous blonde dressed in white scrubs responds, turning away from the front desk. 

Natasha was one of the best esthetician in England.  She did everything from skin treatments to hair removal. 

Hope's eyes widen in her small face. 

"Natasha can wax anything, I only recommend the best money can buy."  Sammy explains, patting her shoulder. 

"This is the girl you spoke about?"  Natasha approaches, her Russian accent thick.  Her hot pink nails were long and sharp.  Her lips were extra plump, glossed in hot red lipstick, her platinum blonde hair was pulled back in a neat bun and her eyebrows were perfectly arched as if they were traced by an artist's crafty paintbrush.