Chapter 8-Fur and Silk

Since the penthouse held only two master suites, Sammy was her roommate, sharing Jasmine's bed with her. Zayn had offered him his own room at the hotel. But after two nights, Sammy declared he hated to be alone since his dark days in a dungeon.

Hope still didn't understand what he meant by that statement. The last time she checked, dungeons were not used in this century. He must have been relating the feeling of being alone to the same feeling of being stuck in a dungeon. Hope didn't mind the company. She hated being alone too. It lent her a sense of security having him beside her.

His ever constant chatter was welcoming. Sammy claimed sharing a room with her reminded him when he was a kid and his girlfriends would come over for the weekend for a sleepover. Only this time they were adults.

Over the next week, life in the hotel and outside of it became routine.

Stacks of boxes and bags filled their shared bedroom with eye-watering expensive clothes from top designers. Dresses, skirts, blouses, sweaters and shoes. Even the underwear Sammy picked out for her was gorgeous. The expensive clothing, fancy lingerie felt normal. Hope learned the ropes of taking care of her appearance faster, doing her hair and made use of the high end make-up products recommended by Sammy who coached her on how to apply them.

She practiced moving like a model, like Sammy showed her. He helped her work on her posture, trying to walk upright and proud, with her head held high.

Her movements became less awkward and jerky in heels. She even tossed her hair like a normal female would if it were long and in her way. Hope felt herself change on the inside. Holding herself differently, making eye contact where she never dared.

She was like an actor in character.

As she became more beautiful with the fancier clothes, new hair and make-up catching attention, Hope was hyper aware  of the hundreds of eyes tracking her movements. The attention was worse than the first couple days after her transformation. She was on display all the time and most people were not ashamed in showing their interest.

It was bearable because Sammy was at her side, barking profanities–most especially the men who stared a little too long or the others who were ever so bold to approach her and try to chat her up. The outrageous things he said to them to keep them away appalled her but they did the trick.

"Keep your nasty self at least ten feet away!"

"Keep your ugly ass eyes to yourself, sir!"

"You want to chat up a cheap hoe, go to a bar!"

"She was born a man, keep walking!"

"Her dick is longer than her balls when it's soft, run don't walk!!"

However, there was a couple of men bold enough to ignore Sammy's threats and tried convincing her to have a coffee with them. Sammy hit him upside the head with his handbag. Another man was kicked in the butt by Sammy for invading her personal space.

With his high heels.

Needless to say, Sammy gradually became more prepared for the attacks, as he called them. He wore a favorite new pair of Gucci flats ready to intervene when the opportunity presented itself. Hope quickly learned to conceal her discomfort to Sammy since he defended his and her whenever their comfort was compromised.

She'd asked him, "Where's your patience, Sammy?"

His response, "I left it in my micro mini Chanel bag! I got a call from the boutique telling me they don't have my bag. It's delayed! I swear if I find out they sold it to somebody else, I'm gonna throw the biggest bitch fit anyone has ever seen!"