Chapter 31-Remember

Zayn heard a shot, down the hallway, jumping down the last few steps and ran to the living room quickly darting his gaze in a zigzag motion to take in the scene within seconds. 

Jasmine and Camelia both scream at the same time, lurching forward.

A woman holding a gun, Hope standing in front of the gun, hunched forward in pain. 

"Wait!"  Zayn shouted as his face lost all color, lurching forward. 

It was too late though, Hope had already thrust her body in front of the gun and was holding her middle, bent in agony. 

Icy fingers crushed his hammering heart to a dead stop. 

No. . . No, God, not again

Another booming shot echoed throughout the house. 

Hope fell back; shock and pain twisted her features as blood bloomed where the bullet had torn through her. 

Another shot rang out, slicing through her again.  She falls and hits the ground with a thud.

A hot, protective fury washed through Zayn. 

He rushes forward, mindless of the fact the woman was still possession of the gun and crawls on top of Hope, using his body to keep her blocked from anymore shots.  Pulling her head beneath him, he held her against his chest when another shot fired.

Jasmine grabs hold of a glass vase from the coffee table before them and aims it straight at Vivian.  It hits her square in the chest and she stumbles back, shattering at her feet. 

He looks furiously around. 

Jasmine slammed into the woman, her momentum pushing them across the room.  She tried to pull the gun up and away from Zayn and Hope.  It went off again as they staggered, struggling. 

"Camelia! Jasmine!  Get out of here!"  He yelled. 

There was a hiss of air next to his head. 

He catches a flurry of motion as Sammy comes skidding around the corner. He barely caught his balance, nearly slipping, but quickly righted himself. 

"What the fuck!?!"  Sammy exclaimed, stunned, in disbelief, unable to register who he was staring at. 

Vivian managed to send him a sinister smile.  "Small world, isn't it, lover boy?"

Jasmine is knocked to the floor, scrambling to get back on her feet. 

He didn't take a breaths hesitation, Sammy rushed Vivian.

"You filthy bitch!"  He screamed. 

Vivian takes a step back and raises the gun as she attempts to fire it again.  She didn't have time to squeeze the trigger before Sammy seizes hold of the gun and head locks her blond head in the crook of his arm.

"Sammy!" Camelia screamed in horror. 

Jasmine tried to help him, holding the gun up towards the ceiling trying desperately to wrench it from her death grip. 

Sammy, Vivian, and Jasmine struggle and the gun goes off, a smoking hole in the wall. 

"Camelia!"

Stefan runs into the room and slows, absorbing the scene before him.  After confirming his wife was in no danger, within a second, he charged and took advantage of the headlock Sammy had on Vivian.  Jasmine moves out of the way quickly as Stefan seizes hold of the gun and rips it out of her hands. 

She cried out as two of her fingers snapped.

"Yasmina!"

Cristiano was close behind rushing in and takes a quick sweep of his wife's figure making sure she was unharmed then quickly scans the scene before him noticing Zayn covering Hope protectively, Stefan and Sammy cornering a woman.