Chapter 12-The Bed & Breakfast

It was the weekend. Two days passed since the party, her ankle twisting, and her almost kiss with Zayn.

As usual, Zayn's presence was scarce. Hope and Sammy spent their time watching the Bridgerton series on Netflix. A marathon of sorts. They managed to complete all eight episodes in two days.

Historical romance was so different from modern day romance and set the bar high on so many different levels. It was so much more sensual, authentic and meaningful. Modern romance was basely emphasized on lust and sex. 365 Days and Bridgerton showed her the differences and expectations she wanted in her own relationships. Sure she loved the adventures yet she wanted the authenticity too. For it to mean something and not just on a physical level.

Sammy was nearly plastered to the television screen both times and she could clearly see his infatuation with the lead male actors. They were strong willed, charming, powerful men, and equally handsome in their own rights and especially worthy of the attention.

But if she had to choose between Massimo or Simon, she would choose Simon.

He was the reserved type, keeping his emotions closed off due to his damaged past, yet with upstanding values of honor. He was kind with a sense of humor and treated his love interest, Daphne, with nothing but respect. He was never searching for a wife but fate had different things in store for him.

Massimo on the other hand was controlling and was a powerful leader of a criminal family mafia. He lived his life dangerously, with enemies lurking at every corner. And was most of all controlling–which Hope despised. She could never imagine herself with a man such as him. Sure, he was undeniably far more handsome than Simon, wealthier, more powerful but his choice of lifestyle set Hope on edge.

Sammy was not bothered by her choice when she expressed her interest in Simon rather than Massimo.

Sammy looked at her arrogantly with an eyebrow raised and said, "Never underestimate the power of a man in a nice suit and a gun strapped to his waist. Remember it's not the size of the man but the power of his girth!"

Since they were on the subject, Hope grew the courage to ask him about the blond woman at the party.

"By the way, I meant to ask you. . . who was that woman pressing against you at the party? One moment I was watching you then the next you both disappeared from my sight."

He stiffens in surprise and a soft blush coats his cheeks.

"Uhhh, you, uh saw her?"

He couldn't meet her eyes.

Hope was concerned. Nothing ever phased him. "Sammy, is something wrong?"

He clutched a decorative pillow tightly against his chest and stared directly at the television.

"She's an old acquaintance." He whispered.

Hope waited for him to elaborate.

When Zayn carried up to the penthouse, Sammy was not there. When Hope went to bed and stayed up for part of the night. Sammy was still not there either. However, when she woke the next morning she found him curled on his side and sound asleep beside her and he did not wake until the early afternoon.