Chapter 4- Pretty Woman

"Sir, you have a guest."  Reginald, announced at the doorway standing erect in his butler uniform,  a painful expression spreading across his face. 

Reginald was one of their most loyal and trusted St. James employees.  The eyes and ears of the hotel.  Whenever he needed anything Reginald stepped up to the plate without hesitation.  If anything happened, with employees or guests, he reported directly to him.

He'd especially been assisting him closely watch Hope and make sure she was taken care of and looked after. 

"I was not expecting anyone, Reginald."  Zayn replied, suppressing a yawn. 

It was day three since Hope entered his life.  The episodes never came back since the night he met her.  But he could tell she was still shaken by it.  He'd check on her during the day in between his busy work schedule.  She spent the better part of the day cooped up in Jasmine's room coming out only when he joined her for lunch at the penthouse. 

Zayn also went out of his way to finish his work day outside the office earlier than usual just so he could spend the time with her, so she wouldn't feel so alone and scared.  He felt sorry for her.  He didn't know what to do with her or how to help her.  He was desperate to find the answers from the hospital she was a patient of but she refused to relinquish the information no matter how much he tried persuading her. 

She was too afraid. And she spoke less and less even with his failed attempts at striking up a conversation.  The shell she was cocooned in was impenetrable and Zayn didn't know what more he could do for her. 

Zayn shook his head, raking a hand through his hair.  His agitation was rising and the last thing he needed was an unexpected guest. 

"Who is it?"  He asks Reginald. 

He heard the click of heels.  Sammy marches in as if he owned the ground he walked on dressed in a long black coat of spotted fur, knee high boots, and distressed slim-tight jeans with a pair of black Chanel sunglasses perched on his nose. 

"What are you doing here?"  Zayn asked in disbelief.

"Don't flatter yourself."  Sammy responds in a grand flourish,  brushing past him into the penthouse and ripping off his sunglasses.  "I'm here for Chanel."

Zayn's frown hardens as a bell boy enters behind him carrying three pieces of Louis Vuitton luggage full of his belongings.  Sammy slips off his leather gloves followed by his coat. 

"Reggie, I'd like my usual.  Be quick about it would ya?"

Reginald pauses for a brief moment before responding with a brief incline of the head.  "As you wish Master Princeton."

Zayn watches in muted silence as he tips the bellboy and Reginald right before they leave.  Reginald sent him a pointed stare before disappearing. 

The last time Sammy visited, he gave the poor man hell according to Jasmine.  Reginald wasn't the only one dreading his surprise visit. 

Camelia and Jasmine's best friend never failed to get on Zayn's last nerve.  Sammy was notoriously known to be annoying, unfiltered, and caused drama wherever he went.  He could never stand Sammy's presence in the same room for long.  If one of his sisters weren't around to keep the peace, Sammy wouldn't be left standing.

He couldn't handle him.  Not now, not ever. 

"You're not staying here."  Zayn declared turning to face him with a glare. 

"Oh yes I am.  I've been on the waitlist for nearly a year.  Since I stayed with Jazzy the Chanel boutique here in London is the top shop in Europe next to Paris with the first preview of latest bags.  I've been dying for my limited edition handbag to finally arrive and I ain't passing the opportunity to snag it ASAP.  Who's stupid enough to entrust the sales clerks won't mistakingly sell it to one of their greedy clients?  Besides, I don't trust postal services these days.  I would have been biting my perfect manicure and suffering sleepless nights waiting for it.  I ain't gonna put myself through that emotional strain."  Sammy shrugs. "I can't afford wrinkles at my age."