Chapter 9-To Firsts

"You're honestly telling me you never visited Sapphire.  Cristiano owns the place!"  Sammy exclaimed. 

"I've never had time to visit the place since I took over the hotel's responsibilities."  Zayn replied dryly.  "But that's beside the point.  It's not safe for–".

He stopped himself from going further knowing Hope was listening down the hallway.

He whispered, "You're going to be exposing Hope to too much.  What–"

"Why are you acting like a protective mother hen?"  Sammy says, cutting him off.  "If you're that worried, come with us!"

Sammy stomped his foot in agitation. 

"I'm in no mood for loud music and squeezing through bodies all night to find you both."  Zayn argued, trying to dissuade him. 

Sammy tilts his head to the side.  "You really have changed.  You saying no to partying?  What happened to the playboy who the hell are you?"

Zayn shoves a hand through his thick black hair and blows out a breath of frustration.  He makes a quick glance at the hallway again.

As if she'd read his mind, she emerged from the bedroom and walked slowly towards him and Sammy. 

He swallowed noisily as he took her in, feeling his temperature rise.  His eyes wandered, resting a little too long on the curves of her lovely breasts, lightly hinted above the hem.

Next, Zayn's gaze rakes over her shapely legs and shoes. . .extra high heeled pumps.   Designer black stilettos.  With red bottoms.  Again. 

His favorites.

His weakness.

He could never resist a woman in sexy heels.

Coming to a halt, she stands there in her knee-high dress, all dolled up with hands clasped patiently in front of her.  Her eyes reflected a depth of feeling and purity that he'd never seen before even with the heavier eye make-up.

"Hello Zayn."  She says, smiling shyly. 

Zayn stared shamelessly, unable to tear his gaze away.   She was breathtaking.  So soft, fragile, and incredibly sexy.

She'd be eaten alive.  There was no way she wouldn't make it out of the club unmolested.

"Hello."  He replies. 

Sammy has been extremely efficient when he was responsible for her but in a club with alcohol and music, he wasn't so sure.  He'd be damned if he allowed Sammy to take her to a club without proper supervision.

He clenched his jaw and his eyes hardened, dragging them away from her. 

Fuck, he thought.

Zayn shot Sammy a dark look.  "Give me a few minutes to get dressed."

Sammy and Hope watch his retreating steps. 

"Wonder what changed his mind."  Sammy noted with a knowing grin. 

Hope sighed a breath of relief.  Her growing anxiety decreased knowing Zayn would be there with her especially amongst so many strangers.

Sammy insisted they visit a nightclub so he could teach her how to dance.  Bragging how he and the owner of Sapphire rubbed elbows.  With one phone call he claimed they were assured free entrance without paying the cover charge and unlimited drinks for the entirety of the night.

The breath she was about to release froze in her lungs as Zayn returned after ten minutes.  His hair was brushed back from the rugged plains of his face.  The finely tailored sports coat he wore clung to his broad shoulders.  He looked so handsome, her heart leaped in her chest.