Prologue

Zayn rolled his shoulders, trying to work out the lingering tension, swiping his key card against the scanner.  He heard the faint voices behind the door before the red light turned green. 

His eyes were killing him from hours upon hours in front of the computer screen. He couldn't remember the last time he felt so exhausted. 

Running a hotel chain with meager support was deliberating. It wasn't so long ago when he and Jasmine worked side by side. And it was until he took on most of the responsibilities on his own to see how much his sister handled. Of course she worked from home as much as possible now with her new family. But the larger part of everyday productions relied heavily on him now.

Not that he minded, but it didn't allow for much free time as he was accustomed to. His days were spent in meetings, greeting important guests and everyday upkeep of the hotels needs. He barely had time to workout at the gym during the day anymore. It it had been his stress reliever during the late nights when he had the energy. 

However, tonight was not one of those nights. 

Zayn entered the penthouse, allowing the door to quietly close behind him.  Placing his briefcase down on the polished tile, along the wall, he straightened, rubbing the back of his neck, he eased further into the shadows of the living room. 

He frowned in confusion.  Zayn could have sworn he heard voices earlier, but as he scanned his surroundings, he found the room dark except for the hallway illuminating a meager amount of light. 

Where was Sammy and Hope, he wondered? 

He turned and his eyes instantly latched onto movement to his left.  

In the next second, the lights all came on, nearly blinding him.  Zayn squinted against the glare. 

"Good evening your royal hotness. . ." 

Sammy's high pitched lisp pierced the air and his ear drums.  He was already irritated as it was and he wasn't in the mood  to deal with Sammy and his shenanigans.  Ready to turn and give him an earful he stopped and froze, eyes widening. 

They met a gorgeous face instead.  A woman.  A highly, incredibly, alluring woman. 

His muscled chest expanded in a breath he held, and stared. His eyes darkened to a disturbing hue as they made a slow, raking sweep of her.

It was common knowledge he appreciated beautiful women. Hell with the way his work schedule taking over his life, he was less available to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh as often as he used to. His voicemail box was full of models and actresses calling to see if he was ready to pick up where they'd left off.

But he had never had one surprise him in his penthouse.

Looks like he wouldn't be going to bed alone tonight after all.

Zayn stared at her questioningly, an eyebrow lifted in invitation. 

A throat cleared exaggeratedly.

He recognized Sammy's irritating presence, emerging from somewhere behind him, hovering close by.  Unwillingly, his gaze turned to him and straightened.

He needed to get rid of him so he can attend to his female guest.

"Does the playboy approve?" Sammy asks, a smirk lifting on side of his face.

There was something more he wanted to say. More like he was ready to burst with combustion from the eagerness radiating from him.

Zayn deeply inhales, trying to keep his patience in check.