Chapter 30-Different

Hope and Zayn finally made it to America. 

To Hope, it all appeared so fascinating.  It was an eye-awakening moment once she realized what a small world she lived in before.  She was seeing, learning, understating things with different eyes.

The left-side driving.  The streets, the homes, the trees, the spectacular panoramic views.  Even the air quality.  It was all so different.

It was a completely alien world from Great Britain. 

And she already loved it.

Zayn and she were welcomed with open arms by the St. James family.  They were all present upon their arrival.  The portrait of them in the penthouse did them no justice.  They were even more attractive then any painter could copy.  What was more attractive then their appearance was their goodness.

Zayn's mother, father, siblings and their spouses were incredibly humbling.  Their toddler aged children were equally delightful.  They all radiated love and positivity which had been missing in her life for a number of years, and quite perhaps all her life for all she knew. 

His family was now hers.  Jasmine and Camelia were the sisters she was missing in her life.  Anjelica and Julien were the parents she dreamed of.  They welcomed her without question and she was deeply humbled by their hospitality and above all their acceptance. 

During the first week of their arrival Jasmine and Camelia eagerly pulled her to the side to have a few private moments. 

"I must confess. . .We never believed Zayn would find someone, you know."  Jasmine declared.  "He enjoyed the bachelor life too much.  It's a great surprise to all of us.  You must be someone incredibly special and we are so happy you'll be part of our lives.  You are what he has been waiting for all this time and what's so interesting is he never knew it."

She found their confessions endearing.

"Zayn had always been a carefree rogue and you changed that.He's lucky to have you in his life, Hope.  We couldn't be happier for the both of you."  Camelia added. 

Hope glanced from one sister to the other with an amused smile.  One with honey-brown hair resembling her mothers but with her fathers eyes and the other with her fathers coloring and with her mothers dramatic blue ones.  They matched Zayn's aquamarine.  Their features were not similar but their hearts and genuineness were identical. 

It wasn't just Zayn believing he'd always be single, Hope had felt the same at one point.  All she was focused on was surviving.

Hope had to disagree with Camelia's statement.  "I am the one that is lucky. I found him and in return he found me.  He taught me how to love and what it felt like to be loved.  He is the best thing that has ever happened to me."

Hope, Jasmine and Camelia continued to share their confessions as sisters.  Not once did they ever make her feel like a stranger amongst them.  They bonded quickly as if they had known one another for a very long time.

She truly was lucky.  She did not just find a lover but gained a family as well.  What more could she ask for?

This is what a family felt like, she thought, sipping on a cup of coffee on the terrace off of Zayn's room in his parents home.   Glancing behind her into the bedroom, she smiled, watching a frown etched on her fiancé's face as he slept in that morning.  In the next instant, his face was slack and innocent. 

What was he dreaming about, she briefly wondered.  Was it her?  Hope smiles to herself.  He would mumble her name in his sleep from time to time. 

Hope turned back to her coffee and the view of the grounds, resting her arms against the railing and leaned forward focusing on the garden view.