2

( It's finally time to do Chen, I'm excited to tip tappity this insane man)

We looked out off the side of the ferry, looking at the large island in front of us. The metal-hand guy, I believe he said his name was Karlof, pushed Kai to see the island. " Great, let's start off this mission with enemies" I mutter and roll my eyes. The ferry got closer and we saw a bunch of hooded figures doing some sort of motion." Welcome to Chen's Island." Clouse greeted as he walked down the board. "The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters." 

Garmadon was first to walk off after him. " Master Chen will be please you've returned, Sensei Garamdon." Clouse spat his name with venom. I could hear a hint of jealousy in his voice. " The pleasure is all mine, Clouse." " I'm sure it is." Clouse turned away with annoyance. 

" You and Clouse definitely have a bit of history together and I bet it has something to do with you being better than him." I pointed out to Garamadon using all the clues I've gathered. "Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" Kai added.

" And care to explain how the face to Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole also added. " Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes." Garmadon remarked. " The battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?" Lloyd cut in. We started to follow the rest of the Elemental Masters as Garmadon started to talk again.

" He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here." Garmadon informed. "He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us." Lloyd encouraged.

I was about to ask about Clouse when Kai shoved us to the side as the hooded lady walked over. " Ladies first," Kai smiled at her as she walked by. I mutter the word simp. " Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait." Garmadon sighed and continued to walk up the stairs.

"This is a big island. Zane could be anywhere. Keep an eye out." Cole reminded us of the whole reason we were here. The door in front of us slammed open revealing a long carpet with more hooded figures, this time they were banging drums.

We followed everyone as we walked past the figures. I was feeling uneasy about all of this. "So this is the house that noodles built. Ha! Always wanted to go to a red carpet event." " Jay this isn't a fanboy time." I punch his arm. "Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn." Garmadon told us. 

Lloyd asked how his father knew so much about this place. "Because before Chen was my enemy, he was my Sensei." Garmadon pulled back his clothes to show us the top of an anacondrai tattoo. I gasp, " So that's why you said old sensei! Back when Lloyd splitting up his golden powers to the others, I asked who would ever try to attack Ninjago after all of this and I thought I heard you say something like old sensei. Were you referring to Chen?" Garmadon pulled his clothes back and nodded.

We walked into a large room where we were told to sit in a circle. I was sitting with Lloyd on my left and Cole to my right. There was a large drawing of what looked like a serpent on the ground. "You never told me you had a Sensei." Lloyd looked at his father. I also looked over, interested in Garmadon's past.

" When I was your age, I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win at all cost, no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light." Garmadon smiled at his son before Jay cut in. "Uh, apparently he also never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up, we're in an underground fight club. This is supposed to be fun." I sigh. 

I wanted to scold Jay but I couldn't as right when I opened my mouth, a gong was banged and someone turned on a gramophone. " All rise for Master Chen." Clouse instructured. We all stood up as a chair was lowered into place. 

Oof, and I thought Clouse was skinny. This Master Chen guy was very skinnier and his clothes looked like he shopped in the woman department. Don't get me started on his headpiece. " Welcome to the Tournament of Elements!" Chen greeted. " Now everyone can all di-" The door behind us suddenly slammed close and we all gasped. " -rect your attention to me!" Chen laughed.

I really thought this man was gonna say die. " I forgot to mention he has a penchant for theatrics," Garmadon whispered as we sat back down. " Is he insane too? I can hear it in his voice." I ask and Garmadon only hummed. 

" Hehe!  Never before have so many Elemental Fighters been under one roof." Chen walked down from his throne. " I see Master of Fire, Earth, Shadow, Speed, even a prophesied Green Savior." The way he said Green Savior was wacky but funky. " Oh, don't forget the Green Ninja's Shadow, the Purple Ninja." Master Chen glanced at all of us then stared at Garmadon. " And a former pupil has returned." 

Master Chen looked and pointed at a gong. "This symbol before you is for the Anacondrai, fiercest Serpentine warrior to ever roam this land. Its creed, Only one can remain." I gulped hearing the only one can remain part. I have a feeling that this only one person would be Chen. 

The gong was banged again before opening up and showed brackets with tiles of our faces. "Good, looks like we're each in our own bracket. We won't have to face each other for a while." Kai pointed out. Lloyd said we better find Zane before that happens

" Behold!" Master Chen pointed at Clouse who pulled out some sort of blade. " A Jade Blade! Here, it represents life. Obtain it, move on. Allow your opponent to take it, loser. The rules are simple. Every match will be different. No two fights will be the same. Your powers will keep you in the Tournament. Use it or lose it!" Use it or lose it? Does this man steal powers or is it that he will just kill us.

"Hm, what does Karlof win?" Karlof asked. I ask Chen's expression change to a more angry or upset but it quickly changed back. "Win and stay on the island. Win it all, and you'll receive fortunes beyond your wildest dreams." Chen spun around once when he said the fortune part.

"and lifetime supply of Master Chen noodles. But no one is here because of noodle. You want the glory of being the greatest fighter in all of Ninjago!" The other Elemental masters clapped and cheered but we stayed silent. I didn't like this insane drag queen in front of us. 

" And what happens if they lose?" Garmadon asked, already knowing something is up. He knows his past sensei well. " Lose? Who here likes to loooose?" Chen said the last lose like he was talking to a baby. Again, everyone but us laughed. "Now please, enjoy my island. It's a super fun happy place. Hahaha. Fun time on me." Chen walked back to his chair as he spoke. Insane. Did I mention he seemed insane? I wanna go back home, I miss my bat plushie.