50

Oh wow would you look at that, I changed the ages again. So I realized, like just now, that (Y/n) being 6 when her mother died was too young. When the first book started, I imagined (Y/n) like 10 and started her training to be a Ninja when she was around 9 and a half. So I changed the age to 8. I'm sorry for any confusion :)

Oh yeah, also this is the last chapter of this book. We will be starting season 6 in the next book that will come out either today or tomorrow! I will also be starting a behind-the-scenes book for this series. It will feature ideas that I had scraped, thought about after the chapter was written, and just behind the scenes things. I will explain more in that book so look out for that!  Anyways, enjoy the chapter.)

I looked out the side of the Bounty on the little balcony on top of the deck. The wind blew my hair back as the darkness of the night hugged me in a sense of comfort. " Such a beautiful night." I jump at the sudden voice and looked to the side to see The Overlord. " You scared the fuck out of me." I sigh and look down. " How are you even here?"

" I'm not bound to the Dark Island anymore." He simply stated. " The Stone Warriors already miss you, you know." The Overlord stretched his shadowed wings and looked at me. I smiled, " I miss them too. Their good warriors, very sweet when someone isn't controlling them." I glare at the Overlord. " That was their purpose of life. To fight. That's why I created them. And don't look at me like that. It's not like I didn't love them." The Overlord scoffed. 

" You loved the Stone Warriors?" " Yes. It was like they were my children." I looked at the Overlord, not buying that he loved them. The Overlord sighed, " I'm not that horrible of a dragon. I can have my moments. Sure I forced your Great Grandmother into marriage, but I wasn't a horrible husband nor a horrible father. Yes, I had a temper, but when I snapped I always apologized when I had settled down. I was lonely and wanted someone other than the Stone Warriors. "

"I actually did love Yin. She was a lovely lady. Strong in her own way. Very beautiful and had excellent word choice. I was very happy with her." The Overlord paused before continuing. " And I was even happier when our child was born, Kieran. She was a playful, adventurous kid that never failed to make me smile." The Overlord smiled just thinking of his child. " I had totally forgotten about my plan to use her to get to Ninjago when she was born. I loved her so much." 

"But, she did leave when she was 18. She can handle herself and Yin didn't want her to live on the island forever. From there she meet a man and had your mother. And then your mother had you." The Overlord put his wing over me as he did when we were on the island. " When Yin eventually passed away, I was lonely once again. It was just me and the Stone Warriors once again. I was fine with that since I loved those guys. It was just us until Garmadon floated onto the island after being betrayed by the Serpentine. And you know the rest of the story from there."

I was a bit surprised. The Overlord actually had a heart. He sounded so genuine when he talked about how he felt towards Great Grandma Yin, Grandma Kieran, and the Stone Warriors. I honestly thought he was just using all of them, not that he actually loved them. I placed my hand on the shadow dragon's shoulder. (?) The Overlord looked at me before walking away. " You should get to bed, you're almost at Ninjago City." The Overlord looked back at me before fading away.

I looked at the spot he disappeared at, " I will. Goodnight, Great Grandpa Overlord." I whisper before going inside. I silently walked to the boys' room since I've been sleeping with Lloyd instead of alone in my room. I slipped into Lloyds bed and snuggled up next to him. Lloyd hugged me in his sleep. Well, I thought in his sleep because he pulled me real close to him and whispered, " Where were you?"

" On the deck, I wasn't tired yet." I yawned, " But now I am." I smiled and kissed Lloyds nose. Lloyd slightly opened his eyes, " Just making sure. I love you, good night baby." " I love you too, night Greenie baby." " That makes me sound like a vegetable," Lloyd complained. I chuckle silently, " I asked for candy, not vegetables, I hate vegetables." I mimick Lloyd's voice when he was little. " Rude."