38

A festive was taking place in Ninjago City and every village. It was the New Year Festival and lanterns littered the city. Ronin sat inside Chen's Noodle House alone, watching the Tv hung up. "Hard to believe you don't have any friends to usher in the New Year." Skylor said, walking over and refilling Ronins cup. " Let's just say I'm good at making friends, just not keeping them."

" Huh. Even a friend who spoils the party every once in a while is still a better friend than someone who stays." Skylor told him and looked at his Aeroblade which Ronin quickly put away. "It's okay. I've been around enough weapons in my day. In fact, kind of reminds me of some old friends." Skylor remarked.

"How much do I owe you?" Ronin asked. " It's on the house, friend." Skylor smiled. "Huh. Appreciate it." Ronin smiled back and looked up at the Tv. He asked Skylor to turn it up as the News Reporter talked about the Festival. Skylor did so and asked, " You know that sewer swamp?" " Yeah. I used to call it home." Ronin asked as the Reporter talked about Stiix. 

Fireworks burst in the sky catching everyone's attention which caused no one to see Morro appear in Stiix. Morro entered Ronins pawnshop with the Realm Crystal in hand. "Now let's shed a little light." Morro smiled and set the Realm Crystal in place on top of a trophy, opening the Cursed Realm allowing Wrath, Soul Archer, Bansha, and Ghoultar to return.

"Ah, it's good to be back." Wrayth was first to speak. " How long until the Preeminent is ready?" Morro asked quickly. " Her energy is still too strong to cross the Ethereal Divide." Soul Archer answered. "The longer the gateway stays open, the stronger it becomes. We must prepare for her arrival." Bansha added. 

"Then what are we waiting for? Let the festivities begin." Morro smirked as he let other cursed spirits out into the living world. The ghosts overtook Stiiz, turning red lanterns green, and scaring people.

The Bounty landed in front Steep Wisdom and we started to hop off. " Shouldn't we be going to Stiix? The longer we wait, the worse it'll get." Kai questioned. "We need to stock up." Wu answered. " On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible?" Jay gasped. " Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?" " Do you want to look like Lord G Jay?" I chuckle and cross my arms.

"Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else." Wu informed us as we walked closer to the shop. There was a large red X over the doors. "What? You sold your business? But that was for your retirement." Zane was just as confused.

" Ah! Hello again, Ninja." Cyrus Borg greeted us, pushing himself out the doors. I smiled seeing Borg. " While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know." Wu told us and Borg wheeled himself closer to us.

 " It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you. Lloyd looks older. (Y/n) looks like she is ready to murder someone." I chuckle at this. " I see a Water Ninja. A titanium Nindroid. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh?" Borg laughed nervously. "Jay looks shorter. And, and then there's Kai."

" Hey! W-what do you mean I look shorter?" Jay asked upset at this. " I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase. We don't have much time." Kai said a bit rudely. "Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you." Borg pressed a button which made the courtyard opened up and bring out 4 vehicles. "If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage."

"Oh, why did the Ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" Jay joked and jumped inside. "Zane's Ice Mech. Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition." " Super cool. And I mean quite literally." Zane too jumped into the mech.

" Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh...bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite, soft rock." Cole climbed in. " I do love a slow jam." Cole turned on the radio.

" (Y/n), I was able to get access to your motorcycle and have installed different weapons into it that can be activated using your own power. All weapons embedded with Deepstone as well as a material that enhances darkness. Perfect for the Master of Darkness." I smile and go onto my motorcycle. " Sick! Thanks Borg!" I smile at the inventor.

" And for you Kai." Borg tossed him a red headband. " A, headband." Kai was a bit disappointed. "A personal embroidered headband. Thirty-two thread count, easy tie capabilities. I apologize. I lost track of the time building the other vehicles. Eh, same goes for you, Lloyd. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be making it back." Borg admitted.

" Hey, I'm just happy to be here. We'll take any help we can get." Lloyd wasn't offended at all. "I hear Morro has opened a bridge between our two realms. It'll take time for the Preeminent to cross." Borg informed them. "Which is why we need Lloyd to use his powers to destroy the Realm Crystal before that happens. If Ninjago is cursed, the other realms are sure to follow." Wu added.

"But they'll be expecting us. And Morro still has the Sword of Sanctuary. Even with all these fancy new vehicles, how are we supposed to get close?" Nya asked. "Yeah, we're supposed to take on an army of Ghosts?" Jay questioned. "Maybe I can lure him out. He said he always wanted to be the Green Ninja." Lloyd suggested.

" Uh fuck no. I just got you back, I ain't losing you again to that hoe." I get off my bike and wrapped my arms around Lloyd. " Morro will not leave the Realm Crystal unguarded until his master is freed anyway." Wu added. " But even with our powers back, he's seen all of our moves." Cole pointed out.

"Then we'll show him something he hasn't. A Water Ninja." Kai pushed Nya forward. " But I've just started my training. I haven't even found my True Potential." " Nya, when our parents passed, you were there for me. Now, I'm here for you." Kai put his hand on her back. "He's right. She's our greatest weapon." Cole added. " If brother sharpens brother, sister sharpens sister." I wrap my arm around Nya's shoulders. 

" Our greatest power isn't what we can throw at him. It's what we have right here. A united team." Lloyd added, walking beside Nya. " So, what do you think, Nya? Are you ready to lead them into battle?" Wu asked. " I'm in. But if they know we're coming straight for them, how about we show them not every path is a straight line?" "Intrigued. Do you have a plan?" Zane asked. " I'll explain on the way."