31

" Ugh, those cursed Ninja. I need to get to the Cloud Kingdom now!" Morro shouted. "Patience, Morro. Wanting to get to the Cloud Kingdom will not bring its portal any closer." Soul Archer told the boy as if he was his father. " But I hate waiting. It's, beneath me. If the ninja get the Sword of Sanctuary before we do, they'll have the upper hand." Morro reminded them.

" I've never known you to worry," Archer floated to the other side of Morro. " It's this incessant boy  trying to break free of my possession." Morro growled. " You will not have to wait any longer, Morro," Bansha told their general. " But how? The gateway won't pass for hours." Soul Archer questioned. " Let's just say I'm in contact with someone willing to leave the back door open."

"Welcome to Cloud Kingdom. We've been expecting you." A man holding his hands together walked down the stairs as the gates open to geet us. " Ha, how are we-" " Standing on a cloud? Easy. In other realms, there are other rules." The man cut Jay off. "I'm Fenwick. I've been asked to show you around." The man introduced himself.

" Nice to meet you. I'm-" "Kai, yes, we all know." Fenwick cut Kai off. "You're quite popular with the other monks. Up here, we see everything that goes on in Ninjago." " Then you know-" Now Cole was getting cut off. " You've traveled far for the Sword of Sanctuary, a powerful weapon that can foresee your opponent's next attack. It's also the second clue to finding the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master."

" Blimey. But how be you—" Now it's Zane. "Finishing your sentences? I know, it's rather annoying, but up here we know, let's just say...we know what's going to come next. Come, I know Morro isn't far behind. Follow me and I'll explain." Fenwick said as he started to walk away. We followed closely behind him.

We entered what seemed to be a large library where monks were standing at desks and writing destiny.  "Wow, it's the Ninja." One of the monks pointed out. Most of the monks looked over at us and started to whisper. "I know you're familiar with a few of the realms. Cloud Kingdom is just one more of the Sixteen Realms that exist parallel to Ninjago." Fenwick informed us. " Sixteen Realms?" Kai questioned. 

" In this realm, we strive for greater understanding and let go of distractions. There is no television, no video games-" " No video games? Hmmph. Not impressed." Now Jay cut him off. I punched his arm, " Jay, be respectful of their choice of life." I glare at him. " It appears all any lad does here be writing." Zane pointed out.

" That is because here, our words matter. You see, in Cloud Kingdom, we are the writers of destiny. It was here that it was decided that Lloyd should be the Green Ninja. And just now, that Zane should find his voice again." " I sense my vocal pattern has returned without any repairs." Zane's voice had returned to normal. 

Jay was upset about it but I was glad. " Excuse me, why how did his voice return to normal?" I asked Fenwick. " It was written." Fenwick calmly answered as Jay fucks up Dareth's future by accidentally spilling ink on a scroll. " Please excuse my friends. They're quite uhhh, stupid," I mutter to Fenwick who only chuckled.

"If you know what's going to happen next, then you know how important it is for us to get the Sword of Sanctuary," Kai said to Fenwick. "Yes, and I know you made a promise to save your friend, Lloyd. Sadly, we cannot ensure promises, because we aren't allowed to choose sides." Fenwick said before switching to a whisper." And no one else will tell you this, but we had intended for Morro to stay in the Cursed Realm." 

" What do you mean intended?" I ask. Did Morro somehow bend destiny to work in his favor? "He was never supposed to escape. He somehow defied destiny. And now we're playing catch up." Fenwick explained. "Do you think we wanted you to become a Ghost? That's preposterous. Ever since Morro broke free, things have been happening outside of our control. To be honest, we don't know how this will end." Fenwick said, directed to Cole.

" Then quit talking and give us the sword. We'll find the tomb and stop Morro." Kai said. " Look, we wanted to give it to you, but first, the Master Writer wants to see you." Fenwick responded. " Alright, let us meet this Master Writer" I smile.

Fenwick led us through the Cloud Kingdom and onto a boat. "So this Master Writer, he'll decide if we get the sword just by looking at us?" Cole asked as we got on the boat. " It is an important decision, one that will not only decide the fate of Ninjago, but the fate of the Sixteen Realms." Fenwick explained. I'm starting to get a weird feeling about this guy. I don't know why but for some reason it feels like he shouldn't be trusted. 

"Do you know what's inside the tomb?" Kai asked as Fenwick guided the boat through the air. "I do. Morro's after the Realm Crystal. It's the doorway to the Sixteen Realms." Fenwick explained. He created an imagine of the Realm Crystal. "It is a bridge to greater understanding...or a gateway to ruin." The space around us kept changing as Fenwick talked.

"When the First Spinjitzu Master created it, he knew the power to freely cross realms could never fall into the wrong hands, which is why he buried it with him in his final resting place. A tomb protected by impossible traps that only a Master of Spinjitzu could get by with the aid of the Sword of Sanctuary"

" But I thought Morro just wanted to be the Green Ninja. What does he want with the Crystal?" Cole questioned. "It is not Morro who sees the power to ruin, but his master, the Preeminent." The world around us changed into what seems like the inside of a body. The long rocks looks like a ribcage and cursed spirits flew around.

 " The Cursed Realm. He's in charge?" "Not he, but she" Fenwick corrected Kai. "Queen of the Cursed, an evil so vengeful, she cannot crossover by any other magical means." The area was changed to a more peaceful area in Ninjago. "But if Morro uses the Crystal to free her." Now the Preeminent was in the area and the world turned to black and white. " After cursing Ninjago, there will be no stopping her reign until every last Realm falls under her control."

The space around us returned back to the Cloud Kingdom as we arrived at a building. "We're here! Wasn't that a lovely ride?" " Yeaah, lovely indeed." I force a smile as Fenwick led us into the building. "Now if you just wait in here, I will be back with the Master Writer in a moment." Fenwick left the building and shut the door, locking it. 

We looked around and Jay found a pinball machine. The place was full of distractions. Cole said to leave the machine alone as to make a good first impression. A noise filled the air and Zane commented on it thinking it was the machine. But when Jay lost and stopped playing, the sound didn't leave. " Oooh, that's not the machine!" Jay shouted.

" Then what the fuck is it!?" I grab onto Zane's arm out of instinct. A big ass ugly creature walked out and roared at us. A monk named Nobu wrote in a scroll but gasped when the black ink turned red. "Master Writer! Master Writer! It's the ninja! They're in terrible trouble!" Nobu ran to Fenwick.

"Of course they are." Nobu gasped when he saw the 3 ghosts next to the Master Writer. " Do not be shy, our new guests and I have made a mutual arrangement. My destiny is secure. I am afraid the ninja's are not." Fenwick explained. "Where did you send the ninja?" Nobu asked. "I locked them away with Nimbus. I am sure Nimbus will love his new playthings." Fenwick smirked. " Now show me to the Sword of Sanctuary," Morro demanded.