26

" Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple, the historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu. Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a Ghost permanently. But, if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the Ghost of Sensei Yang himself looking for his lost pupils."

A lady named Patty told us while on a tour to Yangs Temple. " I hope it's not a rumor, for it's our only hope!" Zane shouted. "Ah, sorry about my loud friend. He's a little hard of hearing." Cole apologized for Zane. " Known for his un-" Patty cleared her throat, " Usual teaching methods..."

" Jay. I thought you fixed Icy!?" I whisper shouted. " At least he's no longer talking backwards. I guess my thinking got his volume level stuck, hehe." Jay replied and I facepalmed. " At least you can understand me now!" I sigh as Zane continued to shout. "  Well, from now on, only speak if you have something really important to say," Cole told the titanium man. 

"Who put you in charge?" Kai asked. " I did. After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the Ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sunup." Cole sassy responded. 

I crossed my arms, " Well since Morro already has the scroll and learned Airjitzu, we better fucking hope he hasn't found out the next clue." I told the others before everyone piled into the bus, leaving us behind. We waited till nightfall and went inside. Jay and Cole tried to pull off the boards from the window but Zane just simply opened the door. Idiots. We go inside and the doors behind us shut. Locking themselves.

Morro held the staff near a green fire before rolling it down on some dust to show the three symbols. He hadn't figured out what it meant. " Can any of you decipher it?" Morro asked the three ghosts in front of him. Bansha, Soul Archer, and Ghoultar. " There was a reason why I brought you three out."

" I can." Bansha floated closer. " But you'll need more than Airjitzu to get there." She told the ghost possessing the Green Ninja. " Are you suggesting, Bansha, that we'll need to possess a few more vessels?" Soul Archer asked, floating over as well. " Haha, Me likes. Me likes to take! Take now heh!" Ghoultar spoke like a child. "Settle down, Ghoultar. Master would want us to be patient. I think I know where to pick up a few more...toys." Morro told the more skeleton ghost.

We walked around the temple and entered a room. Cole looked around and got scared by a spider. " Relax. If this place is truly haunted, we just need to wait until he shows himself." Kai was no help to calm Cole down. "Uh, he should've been here by now. You heard the tour guide, if we're not out by sunup, we'll be Ghosts!" Cole panicked. " Cole, did you actually believe that?" I laugh.

"Hey, I don't wanna be a Ghost. Who wants to be a Ghost? Why didn't anyone warn us this place would get so creepy after dark?" Cole complained. " Uh, remind me again why we agreed to put the guy afraid of Ghosts in charge?" Jay asked and I shrugged. " Listen to this!" Zane shouted showing us a book. " Allow me Icy." I took the book away from Zane.

"It says here though many believed Sensei Yang's unusually strict teachings drove his pupils away, others admit to never seeing any of them leave the temple grounds, suggesting a more sinister plot. Yang was hard on his pupils for a reason, for in his words 'As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student." I read out loud. 

" I wonder what he means by that?" Kai wondered before the grandfather clock started to groan. " It's him! He's in the clock!" Cole yelled. " You're the leader! Check it out!" Jay told him. Cole crept up to the clock all terrified. He opened it and the Falcon flew out, scaring the hell out of him. Zane revealed that the Falcon was making the groaning noise and we all laughed at Cole.  "A prank? Really?!" Cole was upset.

"Heh, we were just trying to help you relax." " Yeah, heh. You should have heard yourself scream!" Kai and Jay laughed. Zane played a recording of Cole screaming and we all laughed again. But a sudden thud shut us up. " Ah. Another prank? Real funny. Didn't anyone teach you to quit while you're ahead?" Cole opened the door and left.

" Uh, was that you?" " Not me." " Me either!" " I love pranks but that wasn't me." "...COLE WAIT!" We all shouted and ran after Cole. " Yeah, yeah, yeah. Very scary." Cole mocked as he approached a door with the handles moving. "As if I believe in Ghosts." " I swear Cole." Kai started. " Let's go back! We didn't do that!" " It wasn't us!!" " Cole, I swear on the First Spinjitzu Master that we didn't do that." 

" Okay, I have to admit, this is pretty good. How'd you get the handles to move all by itself? Is Nya behind there?" Cole went to open the door and Jay shouted to not. Cole opened it anyways but nothing happened. It opened to a mostly empty room. The only thing in it was a memorial for Sensei Yang.

" Sensei Yang's dojo. So this is where he trained his lost students." I mutter and look around. " Or got rid of them." Jay was freaked out. "Knock it off, guys. If that wasn't you behind the rattling door, who was it?" Cole asked. " The Ghost of Sensei Yang!" The four of us said together. 

"As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student." Yang's voice filled the air. " IT'S THE GHOST OF SENSEI YANG!" The five of us shout and I held onto Zane's arm like a scared child. Legit wrapped my legs and arms around his arm. I WAS SCARED OK! " Uh, guys, what does he mean by sharpen?"Jay asked as the swords on the wall start to move. "  Let's not hang around to find out!" Cole yelled. 

We all ran away from the falling swords and bats. Jay mentioned Airjitzu but Kai said to forget about it. We found a window but it was locked. "We're like animals at a zoo! Charged and laughed at!" I cried as Yang laughed. I teared up, " NOT FUNNY!" "Let's try the front door!" Cole suggested. "But that's downstairs, and in case you haven't paid any attention, there's flying weapons trying to slice and dice us!" Kai panicked.

" There's a dumbwaiter!" Zane pointed behind Jay. " Hey, watch who you're calling—oh, a dumbwaiter! That can take us down." We go in the dumbwaiter but it didn't seem stable as we tried to get down. "You said there'd be enough room for all five of us in here." "My calculations are always correct!" Zane told the blue ninja. "Ow, my ear. Well, turn on a light or something, because I can't see a thing." Cole asked.

Zane illuminated the dumbwaiter and there Yang was. "As iron sharpens iron-" We quickly got out and ran away once the dumbwaiter fell to the ground. "As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student!" Yang yelled as we ran. We opened the front door and almost fell into the Ethereal Divide but hung onto each other so we didn't. 

" What is it? What's down there? Oh, wait, don't tell me! I don't want to know!" Jay freaked out. " We appear to be trapped within some kind of inter-dimensional ethereal realm!" "Oh, I told you not to tell me, Zane! Knowing that just makes things worse!" We pulled ourselves back up and Yang laughed to himself.