27

We grouped up and Zane was combing my hair with his fingers to try and comfort him since I was on the verge of a complete breakdown. My boyfriend is possessed by a bitchy ghost, another ghost is trying to kill us, if we don't learn Airjitzu we are FUCKED, and so many other things and I just want to diiieeeee. "All right, so there's no way out of the Haunted Temple, but at least all the commotion's died down." Jay tried to be optimistic.

" Yeah, we just gotta get through the night together. Show Yang we're not scared." Kai encouraged and looked at the portrait of Yang thinking he saw it move. The click chimed which scared all of us. " It's just a clock. We're not afraid of time, but we are afraid of not getting outta here in time. Oh my gosh, why did we spend the night in a haunted temple!?" Cole rambled.

" Everyone, get ahold of yourselves! Even if my volume wasn't stuck, I'd still be yelling at this decibel!" Zane yelled. "Zane's right. What are we doing? We need to toughen up. We're ninja! We already missed out on the Airjitzu the first time, we can't let this opportunity pass." Cole told us. I let out that noise where you tried not to cry but you need to breathe. Zane gave me a motherly worried look and hugged me.

" Uh guys?" Kai walked over to a picture of a ship at sea. The waves crashing together making the boat rock. "Are paintings supposed to move?" Jay tapped it and water came out of the painting. I broke and started to silently cry. Guess I'm drowning today. Lloyd, I'm sorry I love you but this is the end.

"Why did you touch the scary picture, Jay?!" Cole questioned Jay's motives. " I didn't know it would do that, Cole!" Jay argued back and Kai found out the door was locked. " As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student!" Sensei Yang repeated. I hung onto Zane even though he would be the worst person to be holding onto since he would sink in water. He heavy boy since he robot.

Kai started to hyperventilate due to his aquaphobia. " Water. I'm afraid of...water. We're all gonna drown!" Kai panicked and pulled on the door harder. " It's all in your head, Kai. He's trying to scare us out so we don't get Airjitzu." Jay yelled as he grabbed onto a plank.

" I don't know, tastes pretty real to me." Cole spat out some water. "Where's Kai!?" Zane yelled. Kai was under the water still trying to pry open the doors. We finally got it open and we were forced out as the water flowed out of the room. " First the haunting, then water. What's next?" Cole asked. "That's it. He is testing us. Don't you see, Cole's afraid of Ghosts, and Kai's afraid of water" Jay realized whats going on.

" As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student. He's making us face our fears." Kai caught on. "Which means whatever he throws at us next, we have to face together. And this time, no running away." Cole commented. " Or swimming away." Jay added. " Fine, but time's running out and if we don't figure out a way of staying in this together, none of us are gonna get out alive," Kai told us.

We tied a rope would all of our waists so no one could run away. "All right, no matter what happens, no one can run away. We're in this together." Cole explained. "Haha! Ain't no thang but a Sensei Yang. Let's find him and get that Airjitzu." Jay rhymed as we started to walk. "Just so we're not surprised, Zane, Jay, (Y/n), what sort of things are you afraid of?"

"Ah! I think I know what I'm afraid of!" Zane shouted as he looked behind all of us to see Morro. " It's Morro!" We scream. " Of all the times to have to fight him again." " Ugh, and he already knows Airjitzu. We don't stand a chance!" Cole and Jay complain. " Wait! Guys, if we all are afraid of Morro. This has to be the next test. Plus how can we save Greenie if we can't even be in the presence of Morro without trembling like scared little bitches?" I knew this wasn't the real Morro. He had no business being here.

"She's right. Let's get him!" Cole shouted and we all ran after Morro but were slowed down due to the rope. "We weren't fast enough." Cole pointed out seeing Morro was gone. Kai found him and we were on the run again. He synced up our steps but Morro went into the attic. "Uh, attics. Definitely near the top of the list of things I'm afraid of." Jay nervously chuckled.

We went upstairs and saw Morro. "He's just standing there. What do we do?" Jay questioned and Morro turned around. His face was different, structured differently. That was because in his hands wAS LLOYDS DECAPITATED HEAD! Blood dripped onto the ground as I stared wide-eyed at my boyfriend's head. Cuts, bruises, parts of skin ripped off. All of that littered my poor baby face.

I was terrified of losing Lloyd, to not be able to save or help him.

" Y-you aren't d-dead." I stuttered as tears fell from my eyes. I approached Morro who looked at me with crazed evil eyes. " Lloyds alive and you aren't real! I will save Lloyd!" I shout. Morro and Lloyds head disappeared, the floor no longer had blood on it. "As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student. You have passed the test." Yang appeared in place of Morro.

I wiped my eyes as Kai asked if this meant he'll teach us Airjitzu. " Only those who see things through will reap the benefit of the reward." He gave Cole the scroll. "That's not the only thing we see-through. Why is it I can see through my hand!?" Jay panicked as his hand was turning see-through. " Now you will join my students." Yang laughed as several ghosts appeared behind him in chains.

" H-he's not just their Sensei, he's their captor." I looked at the ghosts before we ran. "The new dawn's upon us. Get out of here before the clock's last chime, if you can." Yang taunted. We screamed but fell down the ladder. "Why did we tie ourselves together!?" Zane shouted. " There's no time to complain, we just have to move." Cole repeated the words one, two, and three as we got closer to the door.

We rushed out just in time and cheered. I laid on the ground because the image of Lloyds head is going to haunt me forever. " But where's Cole?" Jay questioned seeing Coles end of the rope. " Don't worry, I got the Scroll!" We looked at Cole and gasped. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" " You didn't make it out in time..." " Yeah Cole, you're a...a..." " I'm a... Ghost." Cole looked down sadly. Yang laughed as we comforted Cole.