Chapter 16

I quickly made my way out of the cafeteria, hoping to find Ashton easily, but of course I wouldn't. I roamed the halls for a bit, before deciding I might be more lucky if I'd find the place the boys would have to spend the night, as boys and girls obviously wouldn't be staying in the same room or probably even near each other.

I turned a corner and bumped into someone, almost falling backwards and onto the ground, if it wasn't for the person to grab my arms and steady me.

"Woah, careful."

"Sorry, really." I quickly told him, taking in his appearance. It didn't happen a lot I saw people I never saw at school, yet I could still, somehow, tell he went to our school. Why else would he be here anyway? It wasn't like he was teacher, because he definitely didn't look like one.

"It's okay." He gave me a small smile, straightening his jacket. He had black hair that was messily styled into some sort of quiff, a loose strand falling on his forehead, and brown eyes.

"Hey, do you know where I can find the boys' room? Like, where you guys will have to sleep?" He looked at me a bit confused, before nodding. "You just go straight on and then the second to last door to the left. It's those classrooms they can make one of, you know?"

"Yeah, thanks! And again, sorry!" I said as I was already walking towards where he pointed.

"No problem."

I jogged to the room and as I entered, I saw they had turned the room upside down. Sort of. The point is, all the stuff was gone and all over the floor were matrasses with sleeping bags. There were obviously a lot more boys on this school than would fit in this room, but luckily, I saw Ashton here, sitting on one of the matrasses to the back, so I didn't have to go and look any further.

I stepped over, next to and on matrasses to get to him, plopping down next to him as he looked at the floor, his elbows on his knees.

"You okay?" I asked, looking him up and down to make sure he didn't have anything else I would have to worry about.

"M'fine." He mumbled, letting out a sigh.

"No you're not. But if you say you are, then can you please tell me what happened with Yade?"

It stayed quiet for a bit, before he let out another sigh and looked up at me.

"She apologized." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I obviously already knew that. He stayed quiet again, looking around the room.

"Okay...?" I quietly asked, signalling he should go on.

"I just asked her why and from there on it blew up."

This time I didn't resist the urge and just rolled my eyes. "Seriously! You guys need to talk things out. Now. I'm getting sick and tired of you always fighting over stupid things!" I exclaimed, getting up and storming towards the door. I looked back once there, to see Ashton looking at me a bit confused.

"You're coming. Now." I told him sternly, pointing towards the hallway as some sort of explanation or whatever.

He bit his lip, before letting out another sigh and getting up, slowly making his way towards me. As he reached me, we started to walk back towards the cafeteria, where Yade was still sitting at our table, seemingly still mad.

"Stay here." I told Ashton, as we had reached the entrance of the cafeteria. He nodded and I quickly made my way towards Yade.

"Yade, can you come with me for a moment?" I asked her quietly, though everyone looked at me for a second before continuing their conversations. She nodded and got up, following me towards where I had left Ashton.