Chapter 17

It took a while before everyone seemed to understand what exactly the headmaster had just said, but soon enough loud talking was heard all over the cafeteria and probably everywhere else.

"Come on, we have to get to the gym hall." Maya said, as she slowly got up. It was the main point everyone, or at least half of the people, had to go to since that's where we still had to set up the camp for injured people. There weren't any injuries so far of course, but better safe than sorry, right?

We all got up to follow Maya, but we only made it out of the cafeteria before an ear piercing scream sounded through the halls. It wasn't human though, more like a huge flying dinosaur or something.

My heart skipped a beat and I got a little anxious, though I soon pushed that away as I took a deep breath. No need to worry, you can do this and you're not alone.

"Let's hurry, I think we might need that camp sooner than we think." Calum said, before taking off towards the gym hall. We all followed, mostly in silence, as others were now running around as well.

We had turned two corners, when some sort of half mouse half cat was in the middle of the hallway, attacking someone who wasn't exactly winning.

"I'll help, you guys go on." Maya told us, already jumping at the beast. It was a bit surprising, since she wasn't one to really dive into things, but she was also a person that always wanted to help.

We did as she told and soon enough we reached the gym hall, which was quite crowded. Luckily only with people.

One of the teachers that was walking around saw us standing a bit helpless at the entrance and approached us. "Great, more people! If a few of you could help over there," He said, pointing somewhere to his left, "Then the rest can go to the front. There are enough people here already, we need backup at the front, so yeah."

I turned to our group, seeing everyone was looking at each other in a way of 'who will do what?'.

"I'll go to the front." I offered, really wanting to test my powers, though I wasn't sure what to expect.

"I'll go with you." Ashton told me, which I was quite happy with. I knew I could trust him with anything and it was good to know there was someone that would have your back at times like this.

"I'll go too." Luke and Yade then said, leaving Harry, Michael and Calum. "We'll stay. We can come later if needed." Michael then said, to which I nodded, before we went different ways. I walked back into the hallway, with Yade next to me and Ashton and Luke behind us as the others had disappeared into the crowd.

"Where exactly do we need to go to?" Luke asked, no one in particular.

"The main entrance." Yade answered, walking a bit faster so we all had to jog a bit to catch up with her.

We reached the main entrance quickly after that, seeing the doors were opened and a large group of students was scattered inside and outside, looking around to see if there was a threat somewhere. It seemed quite peaceful so far, but the headmaster had told us they were coming and he wouldn't lie, so they had to be somewhere...

Suddenly some mixed animal, like the half mouse half cat from before, jumped at one of the other students, which caused a chaos. Sort of. The point is, once that one had jumped at someone, another one appeared and took a jump at a student and then another one and so on.

Out of nowhere a huge mass of these mixed animal-things came flooding towards us, growling and making whatever animal sound they could produce. They were quite small, like pets, but they were extremely creepy and probably even more dangerous. Their eyes were almost all red next to the pupil and their skin was just really yucky. They were quite sickening.