Prologue

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - Neil Gaiman, Coraline

"Hey, there we have our not-so-super-heroin." I heard one of the girls from my class yell, yet again. It was the same every day. I would come at school and as soon as one of the stupid 'popular' girls from my class would spot me, they would start yelling things at me. They came up with new things every now and then, but mostly kept it with the usual stuff, like today.

"Yeah. Watch out! Maybe her powers are making teachers like her." One of the stupid girls then yelled. I must add, it was a stupid remark. But it kind of hurt still.

Maybe I should explain something, before I continue telling you about my stupid powerless life...
Ever since the world openly knows about Superheroes existing, they built this school to educate and train those who have superpowers. And that's where I go to school, so yes, I am considered a superhero, though I'm not super yet... To elaborate on that a little; I simply never found out my powers. I keep telling everyone, including myself, I just have none.

But how did I get on this school full of kids who do have superpowers you ask? Well, my mom was this really well known superhero, though she wasn't quite into the hero part, and got me enrolled on the moment I was born, because she simply 'knew' I had superpowers. But now, a little over seventeen years later, I still haven't seen anything of those powers and since my dad died a very long time ago and my mom disappeared when I was fourteen, I am kind of lost.

That is what I will tell you now, I think the rest will come by time and all. Though I think I should explain why I start like, in the middle of my life...

Anyways, the beginning of my life has been explained a little already and isn't that important, but from these days on everything changed, in a lot of ways. And I felt like sharing my story with anyone who likes to read it. So, here it is.

I sighed to myself, sort of disappointed that I wasn't great in sassy comebacks or anything. Never have been either. However, mostly my friends would have those comebacks ready, but then again, most of the girls didn't bully me in front of them.

As the classes went by slowly, lunch finally arrived. It was the best moment of the day, since I always spent it with my best friends and they always made me laugh. Though this time, I could barely make it to my locker to simply change a few books and grab my lunch. So when I shut my locker with a loud slam, I decided it was enough for this day and ran. I ran through the full hallways of school, towards the only place I thought helped me if I felt down and it all got too much. The 'haunted' tower.

*A/N: Hi! Okay, I'm new to this, but whatever. I know this prologue sucks a bit, but Chapter 1 will be up tomorrow! I'm excited :D On the side our lovely boys with Don't Stop, which I consider as my theme song <3 x