Chapter 9

*A/N: I just wanted to say, before I start with this chapter, please comment! It really makes my day :D I get really happy when I see I got a new read or comment or vote, really :D Make me happy! And Luke on the side (:

"O my..." I managed to get out, before becoming nauseous and taking a few steps back. I crossed my arms in front of my stomach, feeling like I could throw up any moment.

Ashton and Calum were now next to Michael, eyeing the tree and puddle, as I still took steps backwards, shaking my head as if it would help getting rid of the image that was now stuck in my head, probably forever, if not, a very long time. I tripped and fell on my bum, immediately leaning forward because the feeling I would throw up became stronger.

"Lays, are you okay?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and for a moment everything seemed to spin and be blurry, but soon enough Michael's face, that was now in front of me, pulled me back to reality.

"I'm not feeling well." I mumbled, afraid to speak too loud in case it would stimulate my nausea.

"Ash!" I heard Michael call, as I looked down at the grass again. I don't think this was a good day for me.

"What is- Laylay? Are you okay?"

"She isn't feeling well." Michael answered for me. "I think you should take her to the car. We'll look around a little more, yeah?"

"Yeah okay. Cal! Can I have the car keys?" I heard some jingling sound, before two strong arms picked me up and I was carried away.

"Everything is going to be okay Laylay, you're gonna be fine. And I bet Luke is fine too. He knows how to take care of himself, I'm sure." Ashton told me, as I had leaned my head on his shoulder and decided to just concentrate on my breathing, as I hoped it would take away some of the nausea.

It worked, luckily, and when Ashton carefully put me down by the car, the nausea was almost gone. It was just a small feeling somewhere in my stomach.

Ashton unlocked the car and I slowly climbed into the back seat, followed by Ashton, who pulled me into him once he sat.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, trying not to think of the nausea.

"How are you feeling?" Ashton whispered, as he shifted a little.

"Better." I answered in a whisper, letting out a sigh after. I opened my eyes and looked out of the window next to Ashton, which had a view on the woods. It was a little lighter outside, but the woods still seemed dark. I shivered and Ashton tightened the embrace, probably thinking I was cold. I wasn't though, I just got them. Maybe because of the dark ominous woods or because of what had happened.

I closed my eyes again, feeling extremely tired. I wasn't in the most comfortable position, but it was enough to fall asleep.

"...anything?" I woke up due to people whispering, though I hadn't been sure who had said whatever woke me up.

"No, nothing." I opened my eyes and saw Michael sitting in the passenger seat, turned around and looking at Ashton. I sat up and stretched, then groaned as it made my muscles ache a little, before letting my arms fall down next to me and looking from Michael to Ashton, as Calum started the car.

"Had a nice nap?" I looked at Ashton and smiled slightly, fumbling around to look for the seat belt, before buckling myself in.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" I asked, not sure if I actually wanted to know the answer, but acting as if I took this situation like a fresh made apple pie. Weird comparison... Whatever.

Michael looked at Ashton, as if asking it was okay to tell me, before looking at me again. "We didn't find anything... or anyone."

I frowned. "But, how about the... blood?"