Chapter 4

*A/N: Surprise update! I just finished writing this story and that made me so extremely happy that I thought "Let's get the last cliffhanger out of the way and give the people that read this a new chapter!"
Sophia the cat as Muffy in the media :)

I jogged through the streets, looking left and right everywhere, avoiding the few people that were walking here.

Maybe they were somewhere in an alley, left behind so I would do whatever this person wanted me to do, while they weren't in actual danger. That was what I was hoping for to be honest, since I had no idea how else I had to help them.

I had no idea where to start looking and I had been jogging through town for quite a while now. It was becoming dark very slowly as it was probably getting late in the evening.

I stopped by a road, where the cars' traffic light was green and some cars raced by. I let out a sigh and felt like reality was slowly dawning on me; they wouldn't be anywhere here, just randomly sitting somewhere and waiting to be found.

I was about to kick the pole next to me, when the light for pedestrians turned green and urged me to cross the road, as more and more people had gathered to wait to cross it. I speed-walked towards the other side and looked one more time to my left and then my right, before deciding it was useless to stay longer outside, as it would only turn out in me having a cold. And I could not have that right now.

Once home, I slammed my front door shut, locked it and then let myself slide down against it, until I sat on the floor, my head against the door. I closed my eyes and let the tears come.

How was I supposed to get through live without these guys? They were my rock. Even though mostly Ashton helped me through things, the others still were my friends and cheered me up if needed. They were always there for me, ready to hug me, let me sleep over, distract me from whatever was going on, and go on with whatever they would do. Without them it was like I was in another world.

When I thought about these things, I cried even harder, but I didn't stop myself. I didn't let myself cry often and this time it was just needed. I mean, there was nothing else I could do. Sure, I could try and distract myself by reading or watching a movie or something, but it wouldn't work. My thoughts would end up by this problem again. And if I knew me, I would probably be up all night, thinking about this.

I shook my head, trying to clear it from the haunting thoughts, though I knew it wouldn't help. Nothing could really help me getting rid of those thoughts. Nothing could change my mind about how I thought this was my fault. What if I had gone to their house earlier? I might have been taken too, but at least I would still be with them. Oh, how I wish I was with them. They would have told me everything would be okay. They could tell me they were okay.

No. Stop thinking about this. I should just do things, try to distract myself anyway, no matter how useless it may be.

I got up slowly, making sure I could stand after all the crying, but after making sure I was able to do so, I made my way to my living room and stopped in front of my bookshelf. I took a look at all the books I had in there, trying to find one I liked or hadn't read yet. I had way too many books in my opinion, but I loved reading. Though I never really found the time to do so.

I let out a sigh as I didn't found any book interesting enough and then moved to my DVD collection, hoping I might have a nice movie to watch. I found one and set it up, but I just couldn't keep my attention with the movie. I kept glancing around my room and at my phone, for something to tell me this was a dream. Or maybe the boys would just pop up from somewhere...

~*~

After waking up for what seemed the thousandth time since I had gone to bed to try and sleep, since the movie just wasn't working, I gave up and just got up, knowing it had to be somewhere in the morning. Really early probably.