Bonus Chapter

Say Something - Great Big World & Christina Anguilera
Gabrielle Aplin - Salvation
(These songs are suggested for when you read this chapter, mostly because I wrote it with playing these two. They add a bit of drama I guess.)

Luke's p.o.v.

My eyes widened and my heart started to beat a thousand times faster, even though it had been beating extremely fast already. Alaya had just jumped in front of Ashton to save his life and now she was the one that was lying on the ground, looking like she wasn't even breathing, which she might not be doing for real.

"Alaya!" Ashton yelled with wide eyes, immediately getting down on his knees next to her, seemingly no longer paralysed as his shaking hands reached out for her.

All I could do was stand still in shock and look at them, as memories seemed to flash before my eyes, like your life flashes by when you're about to die and you know it...

"Why do you always sit on that spot? The couch is big enough for three people, yet you always sit right." She asked me as she was sat on the ground, Ashton next to her and both half under Calum's duvet.

I shrugged. "Does it matter?"

"No... but I just noticed." It was almost as if she was just looking for an excuse to talk to me...Maybe she was, who was I to say differently? I'm confusing myself.

She turned back around and Ashton whispered something in her ear, making her giggle, which sounded lovely. I had to admit I was a bit jealous, because he was so close to her and he was the one to make her giggle that way.

It was that moment that I realized I just wanted to talk to her and be with her, making her laugh or simply smile, a reoccurring feeling. Maybe describable as a crush...?

*-*-*-*-*-*

We had decided to go on a picnic, for some strange reason, and so here we were, a blanket on the grass near the river, the food long abandoned as we were all sitting at the side of the river, our feet in it.

"It's nice." Alaya said, letting out a happy sigh as her eyes were closed and she had her face turned towards the sky.

"Oh really?" Ashton questioned, a smirk appearing slowly as Alaya nodded. "Alright then." Ashton got up and before Alaya could even react, he had pushed her in the water, causing her to let out a shriek. He was still at the side, laughing loudly as Calum and Michael laughed softly as well, me just shaking my head with a smile.

"ASHTON!" He didn't stop with laughing, not even when she rose from the water and inched towards the side. Before we could blink she had pulled him in the water as well, making us three burst out in laughing.

I was the first to control my laughter, though the smile never left my face. I looked at the two in the water, pushing each other in the water over and over, though they were already as wet as possible.

"What are you staring at, Hemmings?" Calum asked as he bumped my shoulder with his. I noticed I had been looking at Alaya all the time, but I wouldn't tell him that, so I simply looked at him and shrugged.

"The water is quite shiny, I was wondering how clean it is." I said, without even thinking about it. God, that sounded stupid...

Calum rose an eyebrow, while behind him Michael was motioning at me to help him push Calum in the water. I smiled and Michael began counting down with his fingers. As all his fingers were down, both he and I grabbed a shoulder and pushed Calum into the water, laughing as he was caught by surprise.