Chapter 20

I had no idea what had happened and for a short moment I freaked out, as this darkness could give Viper the opportunity to do anything. But then I realized she might not even be prepared for that, so she would have a disadvantage that way.

"Ash." I heard Calum suddenly whisper from next to me.

"Cal?"

"Michael caused this, just so you know. Don't worry. He's gonna shoot some sparks around so we can locate Viper, from then on just try to get to her and try to tackle her or something. We need to catch her so she can't get away and can't do anything while the police makes its way over here, yeah?"

"Sounds like a plan. Be careful yeah?" I couldn't see Calum as there wasn't even any light from outside, so I had just turned to his voice, hoping I was looking at him in some way...

"You too." With that, none of us spoke again, probably since Calum wasn't next to me anymore anyway.

"Okay... Focus." I mumbled to myself, taking a deep breath and looking ahead, waiting for the sparks.

It didn't take too long before a small spark shot across the room, lighting up a part of the room as it passed. I vaguely saw Viper near the windows, so I tried to focus on where I had seen her as I slowly made my way to the other side of the room, trying not to bump into anyone, even though I couldn't see them all too well...

Another spark flew across the room, this time closer to Viper, illuminating her and making clear she was angry and not prepared, as she was looking around quickly the moment the spark was there, probably looking for an exit.

Somebody bumped into me, causing me to stumble to the side a bit, not hitting anyone else luckily. Whoever had bumped into me didn't go after me and suddenly I thought of Yade, wondering why her fire wasn't lighting up the room. I turned around in a circle, making sure I had seen every side there was to see, for so far you could see anything, and concluded Yade must've changed into another animal as there didn't seem to be a huge figure which looked like a dragon and there certainly was no fire. Maybe she changed into an animal with night vision... I would do that if I could. Would be smart.

Yet another spark was shot through the room and I saw Viper was coming my way, pushing people aside. She didn't see me though, she was just trying to get through the crowd to get somewhere, anywhere.

I stayed where I was, hoping the next spark, if it ever came, would help me get to Viper.

The things that happened next happened very fast.

A huge spark, almost like lightning, flew through the room, illuminating it enough to see everyone in it. I saw Michael somewhere, looking quite shocked himself, ha, shocked... Ha. Okay. No.

He seemed quite shocked, as Luke was almost glaring at Viper, fast moving and vague copies of himself circling her. She looked at them, trying to grab them or punch them, but they were gone almost as fast as Calum could be. Calum then jumped at her, disappearing again before she could even breath, continuing to do this, making her go crazy probably, as Luke continued with his vague copies and Michael kept the room illuminated with his lighting.

I made my way to her, seeing as her back was turned to me I could sneak up on her and probably push her to the ground, trying to avoid the people around me who were pushing each other around, trying to hold the other down.

People bumped into me, others almost hit me when they tried to punch their opponent as others just threw people at me, but I jumped aside, ducked down and walked a bit faster, quickly approaching Viper, who still didn't seem to notice me.

Everything seemed to be going good, as I was almost close enough to jump at her and push her to the ground, when Calum jumped at Viper. She grabbed him somehow and looked down at him angrily. I saw him looking back with wide eyes, as he probably hadn't expected Viper to catch him, which Viper used of course, talking to him.