Chapter 1

*A/N: Willa Holland as Alaya in the media :)

"Laylay?" I ignored the boy's voice that was coming up the stairs and closer to me. I was here for a reason. I wanted to be alone.

"Laylay?" He called out again. I still didn't respond, but by now I saw his brown curls appear slowly when he ascended the stairs.

"There you are! I knew I'd find you here." He smiled slightly as he came towards the small and old couch I was sitting on, plopping down next to me.

"I'm not in the mood to talk Ash."

"Well, I am and I really want you to be happy. I feel bad when you're like this." His smile faded and he looked at me with a serious expression.

"It's not your fault Ash."

"I just feel like I should be with you all the time so these stupid girls won't go after you 'cuz of your lack of power." I sighed.

"Thanks Ash, but I don't want a bodyguard." He smiled slightly and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in a sideways hug. "You know I'd do anything for ya sis."

"Would you stop calling me that? We're not related!" I said, laughing slightly and punching his arm playfully.

"I know we're not, but I love you like I'd love any siblings. If I'd have any."

"Don't be sad Ashy, you're my not-actually-related-to-me brother." He grinned. "I know. And you're my not-actually-related-to-me sister. That's why I call you sis. Duh."

I smiled widely and pressed a kiss to his cheek. I really loved him. As a brother-sister love, since I really don't see him as anything else and I know he thinks the same. He always seemed to know when I felt down or anything and he always managed to cheer me up. And he always seemed to know when I was in my Safe haven.

Any time when I was feeling very down or anything that way, I would climb the long stairs to the highest and oldest tower. People never came there because they believed it was haunted. So it was the perfect place to be alone. Until Ashton found out about it and always got me back to class.

Talking about him, I am so happy I met him. We instantly became friends, best friends quick after that, and even his three best friends became my friends. I practically live with them nowadays, that is how much time I spent at their house whenever we are not at school. And talking about friends, I also have Maya, who is also my best friend. And Victoria, sort of. She is Ashton's girlfriend, but she is really nice and we kind of clicked. Not best friend like though. And that's my friend-list...
Anyway, let's get back to the story for now.

"C'mon, let's go back down. You don't want more trouble with the teachers, aye?"

"Fine." He smiled widely and got up, offering me his hand, which I took. He pulled me on my feet as if it was nothing, what it probably was due to his superpowers, and lead me down the creaking stairs. Once at the bottom, we sneaked out of the tower and out of the very abandoned hallway it was connected to.

We walked through the hallways slowly, talking a bit about everything and nothing.

"Do you wanna come over later today? Mikey still wants a rematch." I laughed.

"I'm ready to beat his ass with gaming anytime."

"Great! We'll walk home together after school yeah?"

"M'kay. I'll meet you by your locker."

"Awesome! But now I'm saying goodbye, since this is your next class and lunch will end any minute. So, goodbye sis."