Chapter 18

Ashton's p.o.v. (Surprise :D)

I had just turned a corner, when something jumped at me. I managed to avoid the half bird half fish that had tried to bite me and throw it to the ground, before another beast jumped at me.

It was a bit ago that my mother had shown up and told me that she was my mother and... It was still a bit weird...

Anyway, point I wanted to make: I sort of lost everyone. We had split up after the revelation of me being related to Alaya and ever since, I kind of lost sight of everyone. I did see Luke and Alaya together for a second some time ago, but they were gone quickly and so I was on my own.

"Ashton! You have to help me get to the gym hall!" I suddenly heard someone yell from beside me. In the short moment I looked away and to my right another beast jumped at me, but again I managed to avoid it. I quickly made my way towards Alaya, who was fighting of some person.

"Why do you need to go to the gym hall?" I asked her, grabbing the person by his collar and pushing him away.

"They knocked Maya out and I bet they're taking her to the gym hall." I nodded, knowing she really wanted to help Maya. I wasn't sure why, but Maya seemed to be siding with the bad guys. She didn't exactly seem like herself though, more like a robot.

I wanted to ask her more questions, maybe about what she knew of Maya's weird behaviour, or maybe how our mother was like, there were so many. Yet the look she gave me made me reconsider. I could ask her any other time, just not now. We had to fight and defend our school, how weird this whole situation was, in so many ways.

"Come on." I told her, pushing people and beasts aside to make a path for us. We had been pretty close to the entrance still and had to turn a few corners, so I was careful, making sure everything was safe for us to walk through before gesturing for Alaya to follow me. I couldn't bear the thought of her getting injured. Or worse. Dying. And that wasn't even due the fact we were related. We had been friends for so long already and I always had that brother-sister bond with her, even before we knew. I had to do this safely, for the both of us.

We soon reached the gym hall, where a lot of people tried to keep beasts from entering, only letting through people who were on our side.

"Thanks, I'll see you soon yeah?" She gave me a quick hug, before going into the gym hall and disappearing in the crowd of people. They had tried to set up some sort of a camp for the injured people there, which had worked for a bit, but now they had to get rid of all the beast and anti-heroes that threatened to invade it, obviously.

I took a quick look around, before deciding it might be smarter to go outside, as that was the place where the anti-heroes and beasts came from. And who knew, maybe I would find whoever was leading this there.

I turned corner after corner and jogged through the crowds of fighting people and beasts, helping whenever needed, which slowed me down a bit, but I couldn't just let people fight on their own.

I was about to go outside when a huge blue and silver dragon landed in front of me. My eyes widened as it seemed a bit impossible to go against it, but soon enough it started talking to me.

"Thank god, I found you. I heard someone say you were dead!" I frowned, mostly because someone had somehow thought I was dead and a bit because it was in fact a talking dragon.

"Eh, I'm obviously still alive?" I said, before the dragon started to change size and form and became a person I knew very well by now. "Why are you even that worried about me, Yade?"

Her eyes seemed to widen a little, before she looked away and shuffled a bit with her feet.

"Yade?"