Chapter 19

Ashton's p.o.v. (Back on track! Okay, stupid joke. It's not even funny :|)

I was shaking like mad, my breaths were uneven and shaky, my mind clouded with way too many thoughts.

How could I let this happen? I had only just found out she was my sister, my real sister, and I let this happen...

It was when a tear fell down, I realized I needed to do something. I needed to make an end to all this. It's what she would've wanted, I'm sure.

"Ash..." I felt a hand on my shoulder and for a moment I thought it was Viper, but first of all, she wouldn't do that and second of all, she didn't sound like Luke. Also, she had taken off to somewhere and I honestly hoped it wasn't one of the other boys or Yade.

I took, or tried to take, a deep breath before looking up at him, not caring for a second that he saw me like this. He looked at me, before falling on his knees beside me, running his hands over his face. "Is..." He couldn't even finish it, biting his lip he shook his head. "This can't be happening." He muttered.

"Yo goofballs! What are you guys doing on the ground?" My eyes widened at the voice and my heart stopped beating for a moment. Luke tensed up as well, first staring ahead before slowly turning to look at me with wide eyes.

It took us a few seconds, but we both turned around at the same time, looking at a well and alive Alaya, standing a few feet away.

"You... But..." I couldn't form a coherent thought, let alone a coherent sentence to react to this.

A tickling on my hands distracted me for a second, as I looked back to the dead Alaya in my hands, who was slowly disappearing as if she was some sort of video game character that fell apart in pixels.

"Cool. That was definitely worth the little pain it caused." Alaya said, suddenly next to us, looking down at us with a happy face.

"How did you..." Luke started, slowly getting up and slowly reaching out for Alaya, who grabbed his hand and rolled her eyes.

"It was an illusion. Cool right?"

"Cool? You scared me to death! I thought I lost you!" I suddenly exclaimed, getting up and looking at her, feeling angry.

"I'm sorry." She said, looking down at the floor.

"I'm just glad you're okay." I mumbled, pulling her into me for a tight hug. She hugged me back, before I let go and held her at arm's length away, looking her up and down to make sure she was okay.

"Hm, I'm fine." She waved a hand in the air, before looking back at me. "You should see this!" She grinned before scaring the hell out of me again, this time by letting her hand travel through my arm as if her hand was a ghost or something.

I stared at my arm wide eyed before letting go of her and looking at her. "How did you do that?"

"I'm an illusion! Or well, this is an illusion." She gestured to her body, or I guess, the illusion gestured to its body? This is confusing...

"But... Then, where are you?" I wondered, wanting to make sure she's safe.

"My safe haven. Everything's locked and all, I'm fine." Alaya told me, smiling.

"Alright."

"Guys!" I looked to my right, to see Calum stumbling past some people, Michael closely behind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them once they reached us.

"Well, we were at the infirmary, but then Yade came in and ignored us... So I don't know, I kind of just got worried and then we wanted to make sure you guys were okay." Calum told us, talking pretty fast, but slow enough for us to understand what he was saying.