Epilogue

"How is the food doing?" Yade asked me, as she walked into my kitchen.

"Great, even though help would be appreciated." I answered, as I continued making all kinds of appetizers. Today was Christmas Day and I had invited the boys and some other friends at my house to spend the evening with presents and food. And maybe some good old movies like Home Alone or the Grinch.

"I'm sorry, Ashton was a little interested in me." She grinned and all I could do was roll my eyes, as I kept on making the appetizers. Ever since those two began to go out, all they could do was stare at each other, touch each other (nothing dirty and hopefully they will never do something like that in front of me, or anyone else for that matter) and laugh. But despite all that, I liked them together. And I liked Yade, which was another good thing, because again, the stereotype girlfriend brothers come home with is not something I'd like.

Talking about brothers... It's still weird to know Ashton and I are related. It had been confirmed by our own mother, but it was still super weird. To both of us. Even though we had sat down with our mother and talked about it after the huge happening last break, which eventually had a good ending of course.

"Laylay!" I heard a certain guy exclaim from the doorway.

"Yes?"

"When can we open the presents?" I rolled my eyes again, before turning around. "We kind of need everyone to be here."

"I know, but I just want to."

"Ashton, either come and help me or get back in that living room, without vandalizing. So no opening presents."

"If I help, does that mean we can open the presents earlier?"

"Why the hell do you want to open the presents so badly?" I wondered, looking at him.

"I want to know what's in them and I want to give you your present." He said with a grin. I smiled slightly. "Okay, I get it. Just, help with the food and the table set up and stuff, that way we can eat once everyone has arrived and that way we can open the presents a little faster."

"Yay!"

~*~ Later that evening

"Wow, this was really amazing Alaya, thanks." Maya complimented as one of the last, as she held out her empty plate for me to take.

"Thank you." I smiled and took her plate, continuing around the table.

"I agree with Maya, it was lovely." Harry then also compliment, giving me a dimpled smile.

"Thank you." I said again, taking the last plate and turning around to the table. "You guys can all go to the living room, I'll just clean the table and stuff."

Most of them nodded and got up, leaving to my living room. Only Ashton stayed behind, helping me by taking some of the other empty dishes off the table. We both walked into the kitchen, loading my dishwasher and talking about what movie we'd rather watch and why.

"Ashton, can I borrow you for a moment?" Yade suddenly asked from the doorway. Ashton looked at me and I nodded, before waving him away. "I'm almost done, you can go."

"See you in a minute sis." He told me before kissing my cheek and leaving the kitchen by following Yade. I returned to the table for the glasses that were still there and when I returned to the kitchen, I was met by a pair of sparkling blue eyes.

"Well, hello there." I told the smiling Luke.

"Hey." He watched me as I put away the glasses and once I had closed the dishwasher, he approached me and hugged me from behind.